Mushroom workout LOLs

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mushroom, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

4x a year??

Yup, on antibiotics and also have an inhaler. Unfortunately , I do work in a air-con building. Doc said it's a good chance I caught it from work , I work shifts as well which doesn't help as well as fatigue etc.
    I feel a lot better after the anti-biotics, but still clearing out my lungs...

axelb likes this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Yup, my asthma is a pain, I routinely get it march and September every year, and at least 2 times inbetween. This year I had it every month until June, once end of august and so far I have fought another off.

Bronchitis itself isn't contagious, but the virus/cold that caused it is. When I was largely office based I often kept a hot drink near which helped, and a scarf round my face when out in the cold.

I hope you're on the mend soon! It sucks :(

Mushroom likes this.
  3. Mushroom

Through the heavy dregs of fresh snow, managed to get some BJJ sparring at my gym.

First time of doing any lung busting exercise in a month. My neck aches and my lungs have exploded.
    Had a "moment" when my wrist went pop. But it's still good. I really should get that looked at.

Love it. Miss it.

axelb likes this.
  4. Mushroom

Back into class. I took an accidental knee to the jaw. Nice to know I can still take a hit, it was more shock than anything.

Bench Press in the morning. Even with the wrist healing, I'm too ashamed with the numbers/amount I'm pushing.
    I know I know. Thats very much an ego thing.

Its frustrating that my max at the moment was 2013 Mushroom's warm up.

So. Time for Mushroom to get retro. And hopefully some interesting news to come up soon!

5. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Been there! You'll be feeling better about it within a month.

Mushroom and axelb like this.
  6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

That sucks, I always hate that when you only get back into it - everything is heavy like they dipped the plates in lead. You'll be back to it in no time, just have to ride that initial muscle sorness ;)

Mushroom likes this.
  7. Mushroom

Cheers guys. Yeah been slowly trying to build the strength back up. But back in 2013 i was pretty much purely lifting with the odd bit of muaythai as cardio.

Now its a lot more BJJ and lifting seems to be more of a conditioning thing.

So in my head I'm trying to justify why my numbers are low and also saving my energy for class later....but also "rarr lift!!!" Kinda thing.

I am literally the "I used to lift heavy..." meme. :(

axelb, Fish Of Doom and Knee Rider like this.
  8. Mushroom

When you pull off a Choke-0-plata, but it doesn't count because it was the guy's 2nd day....

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If the still counts, you just can't tell anyone about it!!

10. Mushroom

Tell anyone about what?