Mushroom workout LOLs

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mushroom, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

18th

Machine Seated Row

45 kg x 10 reps

45 kg x 10 reps

52 kg x 10 reps

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown

42 kg x 15 reps

52 kg x 10 reps

52 kg x 10 reps

59 kg x 10 reps

One-Arm Dumbbell Row

20 kg x 10 reps

28 kg x 10 reps

28 kg x 10 reps

T-Bar Row

50 kg x 10 reps

60 kg x 10 reps

60 kg x 10 reps

Face Pull

55 lb x 10 reps

55 lb x 10 reps

50 lb x 15 reps

Dumbbell Shrug

30 kg x 10 reps

30 kg x 10 reps

30 kg x 10 reps

Straight Arm Pulldown

50 lb x 10 reps

60 lb x 10 reps

60 lb x 6 reps

2. Mushroom

Lately due to rubbish gym issues. My workouts havent been as exciting lately.

I have however embarked on a 10k pushup challenge (1month duration) I doubt I'll hit the makr but it'll be interesting how close i get.

I'm also poking the sides of certain wrestlers to get myself back in and rolling again.
    Though I am having the MMA craving again. So will see what happens in a month.

3. Mushroom

OK so some better news.

Hopefully regular wrestling classes will get better. Its a question of scheduling and having a premises.

A friend of a friend (if youre not on my FB and Insta) is opening a bodybuilders gym, its ever slightly further and much more expensive but I think it'll be worth it.
    I was lucky to have a preview workout at the premises, mats still to be laid out, air con was being built around me and the owner still has 3 tonnes of weight to still arrive.
    (you read that right)

Also to give an idea what kind of place it will be...the owner does a 300kg calf raise.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

You still attending boxing classes?

5. Mushroom

Now and again. Due to work and other scheduling conflicts been in the way. I guested a wrestling session where it was at a MMA club so I brought my gloves etc and found a person willing to spar. That was last week lol.

6. Mushroom

More of a thread bump.

I seem to be getting bigger/muscular but still with strength issues. (I should be a lot stronger for my size).
    My trainer said I been in the best shape he's seen me in...although he still has a poke at my diet. (peanut M&Ms technically has good fats)

So I'm changing things to still to do weights, but go heavy (with form). I haven't need to cut weight for a loong while now and without a comp in the near future, I think those days are now behind me (yay!)

*to do a comparison. My trainer/gym buddy is 5'08, 65kg and max bench around 140kg. Fat in the single figure.
    Myself, 5'11, 88-90kg and struggle at 100kg.

Although, taken a break from the Muay Thai due to the building collapsing. I still have been training with my KF team.
    I still do a bit of padwork, where space allows and at least my form is still on point. Speed and cardio being an issue.

7. Mushroom

My old wrestling team is having a comp in a few months.

Unfortunately this has got my competitive knuckles itch. It comes at a time when I just happen to be thinking about messing around with Intermittent Fasting. Something I dabbled but not taken seriously.

For the longest time, I decided to step on the scales. I'm 93kg, the biggest I've been...(swole I believe is the term). Coach says I'm in the best figure he's seen me in, cardio would need to be pushed though.

The plan I think is to clean up the diet a bit. Get my behind into the wrestling group again and see what happens.

I'm not making promises, I doubt I will wrestle again but at least now I have a goal to help me along.

8. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

That's sort of the way it was/is for me. There's no way they'd give me an ammy license to box but thinking that I might was a big, big motivator to push through training - which, to say it a worthwhile goal is a criminal understatement, but we need something more, a higher star, to get through some of it.

9. Mushroom

Exactly

I'm fully aware that I've been enjoying food whilst training quite hard :) I am a foodie after all. But its because I don't have a goal. I dont "need" to look or weigh at a certain time or place.
    I've had a year long off season. So I'm using this deadline as a challenge to myself.
    I'm not a nutrionist, but I know what works for me as I've experimented different techniques from...."this looks healthy" to "ok whats the plan".
    The only way I havent tried is the "professional" way of meticulus diet and weighing your food and counting every tiny macro.

I'll tell you what though. I won't be going into the sauna for hours again. That sucked.
    My odds are 50/50. Its a good bet I think.

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Water cuts probably aren't even worth it for a same day weigh in!

11. Mushroom

Water cuts only for date before. I'm not looking to compete anyway and my muscle/fat ratio is a lot better.

My regular gripe is having the chicken filletts on my lower back (water) which seems to be finally going. Talking to bodybuilders apparently they feel my pain.

Now, my issue is actually getting myself to wrestling classes that are not going to cost me £20 to get to or when I'm even able to get to them.

12. Mangosteen

I'm not familiar with this traditional chinese medicine remedy for back pain?
    just put some chicken fillets on my back then do i? how long for?

:p

13. Mangosteen

cooked, raw or frozen?

14. Mushroom

You gotta go OG and have em raw. :p

I meant, how I tend to retain water on my lower back...seriously. I got down to 79kg when I lived on a farm in China for a month and it was still there!

Saying that, now I'm 93kg, I think my body just outgrew the water that's stuck inside!

15. Mushroom

Leg Day Friday.....DOMS Saturday night....Intense pain everywhere except for the kneecap and the pinky toe.

I'm dying. This is how it ends :'(

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

you know what that means, right?

not enough leg extensions with a kettlebell hanging off your pinky toe.

17. Mushroom

The KB only goes up to 20kg.. :(

18. Fish Of Doom

do it standing on a plate so the extra ROM makes it harder

19. Mushroom

China or paper?

20. Fish Of Doom

tectonic.