Muscles from Brussells in K1

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Keysi_chick, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Keysi_chick

Keysi_chick New Member

Anyone heard anything of jean claude van damme training for K1 event??
    i heard of it in combat magazine but just wondered if anyone had more info...
    supposedly he wants to win it...but at his age he'll be the oldest competitor...should make for good viewing though... :D

2. Hidden_Dragon

Hidden_Dragon New Member

I'll prepare the flowers for his funeral.

3. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

It was a rumour from a few months ago. I think it turned out to be BS (surprise surprise)

4. Keysi_chick

Keysi_chick New Member

yeah sounds like it...but still not every day you get to see a so called action hero get his chorus and verse severely kicked... :D

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Clicky
    I haven't heard anything about it since. No doubt he'll turn up at this years K-1 Vegas event, sit next to Tyson and they'll both offer someone out only for nothing to come of it

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It puts Van Damme in the media spotlight for a few days, nothing more :) I seriously doubt we'll see anything of him.

7. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

Not a chance it is going to happen.

8. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

van damme is the best...he can fight while practically blind.
    he's the only man frank dux thought worthy enough to portray him in film. what else needs to be said? go 'White Warrior'!

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Bwahaha....

He's an overhyped ballet dancer, and way past his prime at that. I wouldn't give him 30 seconds in the ring.

10. faster than you

you know i was joking right?
    i only ask because it seems that irony is lost on at least half of the people on MAP.

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's mainly because online, there is no way of saying something sarcastically, and theres always going to be one person who would come out with what you just said and be totally serious about it :)

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

As are smileys...

13. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

He's been training very hard for his new movie Kumite, with some of the best K1 fighters in the world. I'm not saying that any average schmo could compete in K1 and win but I am saying that training with Michael Mcdonald everyday could potentially prepare even the worst fighter in the world to fight in K1, not to mention that he has years of martial arts experience. And if he does actually do it, it's not going to be against somebody like Bob Sapp (not that he's a good fighter or anything) it'll probably be against some no name that he can likely beat.

Also, when you're making a movie with people you tend to get to know those people quite well, and if he's been hanging out with these famous K1 fighters for the past year or two, I'm sure he's gotten more than just a few pointers, and I'm sure that if he wasn't ready then they would tell him.

Anyways, everybody needs to quit being so hard on the guy, you all know you watch his movies and like them for that matter, and if you haven't seen Wake of Death yet then you should because it's a really awesome movie, and Kumite is going to be even better.

14. faster than you

a smiley, that is a crutch i won't use. ;)

15. Jester

Jester I elbow, therefore I am.

Heh I'd love to see him go against Cro Cop. Now that would be entertaining :)

16. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Lots of times its because people don't know your personality. Me for instance, I'm usually very sarcastic with my humor, some people get it, some don't. JCVD should go gracefully.