Muscle building/conditioning question

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by progdan, Apr 29, 2009.

1. chof

chof Valued Member

togakure ryu and also dux ryu another thing if your working your shoulders, chest, tricepts, and abs, 20 per, is 80 sets, throw in another twenty for your neck and you have 100

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

right.....all of a sudden your advice seems even more a crock once you put these two together, tell you what, let us into where you have learned Togakure and maybe you could redeem yourself...

3. chof

chof Valued Member

where do you think i learned it? japan ,you limey

4. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

under who?

5. chof

chof Valued Member

takamatsu, lineage, i just dont throw out training methods and techniques, why dont you try them? check out some of my threads, kung, fu, jkd,muai thai etc...

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Ok - I think that's quite far enough for the newbie sections of the H&F forum. Please continue any further conversations on chof's Ninjutsu background in the appropriate forum. If it goes any further here I'll lock the thread.

Second, Chof, calling your friend here a limey is a full on personal attack, which is solidly against the TOS.

Third, Chof, your advice is totally outdated. Almost every strength coach, figure competitor, athlete, and personal trainer in the world will agree that what you are recommending is far less than optimal. Don't do 20 sets per muscle group. It's a waste of time.

If you are going to hand out advice to newbies, please take your time to research, and actually come up with some good advice.

Thanks,
    Yohan

7. chof

chof Valued Member

well, it works for me, sorry

8. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

if i work these groups in a session i would do 4 sets for each, maybe 5 at the max if i trying to fatigue, so you have 5 muscle groups i would do 20 sets, as said before your training is dubious.

9. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

thats me!! and i can honestly say this guy is overtraining, if he was doing a routine for this long he would be suffering muscle breakdown...

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Sorry but I just have to go LMAO Dux ryu!

Oh Chof both Nutjob and I train in Takamatsuden, although personally I try to stay away from referring to it as such as it is Hatsumi Sensei’s Budo I am learning not Takamatsu Sensei’s , if that makes sense.

oh and for the record I'd be very surprised if you'd actually learnt purely Togakure ryu to any real depth unless you'd spent a fair while in Japan and had a very good relationship with Soke.

Personally you're setting a lot of alarm bells off for me in the way you talk about your training but as requested I'll leave it, only reason I mentioned it to begin with was to see if there was any form of pattern in how you present yourself on here. i.e. if you're embellishing on your training then there's a good chance you might do it about something else.

Basically it was to see how trust worthy your posts are.

Anyway why not pop on over to the Ninjutsu section and take part in some discussion, fresh...er I mean new blood is always welcome.

11. Yohan

Works for what?? Building maximal strength? Building endurance? What are your 5RM's on deadlift, BP, and row? Are you super strong from doing this?

I train with Strongman competitors, semi-pro and amateur athletes and their coaches on a weekly basis. None of those people are using the methods you advocate. You can't find a single top-tier athlete or lifter who recommends what you are advocating - that being said - why would you use sub-par, dated lifting methods, when more practical effective methods have been proven time and time again?

If you want my recommendation, you should ditch what you are doing and get ye to a strength coach and start lifting for real.

12. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

do you think you will get a real answer??

13. Yohan

No, I pretty much know what to expect at this point.

14. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Wow, my thread went alot of places very quickly, thanks for bringing it back Yohan... :) And thanks for everyones contributions and advice, definately plenty of food for thought there. :cool:

15. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

I love this thread