Munich massacre

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Takeshi, Oct 19, 2006.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You're a fool.

You've been bending your arguement and the facts one way or another to fit your pre and ill conceived notions of weapons disarms.

You can go the gym all you want... if you're not in arms reach and someone has an automatic weapon trained on you... if they so choose... you're dead.

Simple as that.
    So please stop trolling with your assnine assertions. :rolleyes:

2. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Please cast your votes: :D

A) Ate paint chips
    B) Lived under powerlines
    C) Parents played upsy-daisy but were easily distracted
    D) All of the above

3. Takeshi

Takeshi Valued Member

And I'm a fool? You didn't figure out that I'm talking about situations where the gun is in arms reach?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  4. slipthejab

Yes. You are.
    Stop attention whoring. :rolleyes:

5. Takeshi

Takeshi Valued Member

Well, you're the idiot who can't tell the difference between "arms reach" and "out of arms reach"...

6. slipthejab

riiiiiiight.
    We're waiting for your vid of you doing your uber deadly automatic weapon disarms.... I mean come on... put your money where your mouth is... we'll wait.
    Try not to leak blood on the carpet on the way in. :p

Attached Files:

7. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I'll say D

8. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

Ok since you're twisting my arm, if you're holding the AK I'm sure I could disarm you. There. Happy now? ;)

9. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

This may have been pointed out before, but since Takeshi isn't actually a martial artist, maybe we shouldn't even bother reading his pointless opinions, let alone replying anymore...

10. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

I got a better question son. You ever held a gun? You've already admitted earlier to never being on either the shipping or receiving side of a firearm, and you're right and we're wrong when several of the members on this thread, including myself are proud gun owners. Now I'm sure if you wanted to sign a waiver releasing me or someone else of all responsibility (if its possible;)), some of us might be glad to hold a gun to the back of your neck for the sake of science.

10 bucks says you win the Darwin 2006 Award. :)

11. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Alright.. its time.. :D

Official Flame Form for MAP

==================================

Dear:

[X ] Clueless Newbie
    [ ] Loser
    [ ] Previously Banned Member
    [ ] Bruce Lee Wannabee
    [X ] Troll
    [ ] Spammer
    [X ] 13 year old l337 d00d
    [ ] Flamer
    [X ] Whiner
    [ ] Book Taught Loonie

You Are Being Flamed Because:

[X ] You posted a Style Vs Thread
    [ ] You posted a personal attack against a mod
    [ ] You should have used the Search Feature
    [ ] You posted the Real Ultimate Power site again
    [ ] You posted a thread in Ninjitsu asking about smoke bombs/night training
    [ ] You posted a MMA Spoiler in Traditional Healing
    [X ] You posted a thread stating you can run up walls
    [X ] You posted a 'Jet Li vs. Bruce Lee vs. Austin Powers vs. Superman vs. Godzilla vs. Oprah vs. That homeless guy down the street' thread"
    [ ] You posted an OMG The Sky is Falling thread
    [ ] You ressurected a long dead, stupid thread
    [X ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
    [ ] You flamed someone and got burnt
    [ ] You posted a thread on Dux Ninjitsu
    [ ] You haven't read the stickies
    [ ] You asked why you can't get into the arcade on your first post
    [ ] You typed in text/leet speak
    [X] You posted false information then refused to back it up.
    [ ] You posted a video/site we've all seen a thousand times before
    [X ] You posted wildly ridiculous claims, refused to back them up, and had a strop when we asked for proof.

In Punishment, You Must:

[X ] Take down all your Bruce Lee posters
    [ ] Stop posting and go to class 3 times a week
    [xx ] Actually post something relevant
    [ ] Read the Damn FAQ
    [X ] Go to your room with no supper
    [X ] Apologize to everybody on this forum (execpt KnightCommander, who loves it!)
    [ ] Stand in the Sin Bin and do kata till you die of boredom
    [X ] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Learn to type using ALL the correct letters.
    [ ] Welcome to last week.
    [X ] Press Alt and F4.
    [ ] Can I have your stuff?
    [X ] Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
    [X ] All your base are belong to us. Go every Zig.
    [X ] Stop posting STUPID crap.
    [X ] All of the above.

I'll be signing autographs at the door :)

12. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Nice to know this debate is going so well.

Watching with keen interest that this gets back on track NOW.

Thank you...

13. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Option E: He got taken hostage by a gunman, attempted a disarm and got shot in the head, causing irreversable brain damage. :bang:

Takeshi, yes, in theory there is a SLIM chance that a co-ordinated, planned and meticulously drilled attack by the hostages, combined with a hell of a lot of luck COULD have succeeded. I don't think anybody is really arguing that it is against the laws of physics that this could happen.

If you are trying to get people to admit that there was a good chance that the hostages would win, or that they had the advantage because they had big muscles or something...forget it.

They were in a situation where 8 gunmen who hated them and wanted to kill them (they WERE Jewish, after all) had guns trained on them. The price of failure is not an instructor correcting your stance and saying "Try again", it's an ignoble death by getting your brains and insides splattered across the room. No more family, no more friends, NO MORE LIFE.

Stop with the macho "I'd fight back!" talk just because you were shown a gun disarm, and be realistic. The effects of armed terrorists taking hostages is not something you can accurately replicate with a bit of krav maga. The effects are there to see - fight back and you die. Don't fight back and you die - in this particular instance. A lot of the time the hostages are released.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  14. Takeshi

Takeshi Valued Member

Ok, answer this:

1. If one hostage managed to knock out a terrorist and cut another, allowing one of the other hostages to escape, what would've happened if 6 hostages attacked simultaneously? Would things be worse? Better? The same?

2. If let's say four hostages escaped, what would happen to the other 7 hostages? The terrorists needed some for their plan.

15. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

3. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF T3E HOSTAGES WERE ALL BRUCE LEE?!?!?!?! T3H TERRORISTS WOULD BE T3H SUCK!

You can keep adding variables in until the hostages cannot fail to win, but that's not really the way to win the debate.

To answer point 1: If they didn't succeed, 6 hostages or more would be killed. The 2 terrorists who weren't engaged could easily let rip. Remember that these guys are ready to die for their cause. They do not follow military protocol or worry too much about possibly hitting allies.

To answer point 2: Then seven hostages would have died. Not sure what the point is here? If ten hostages had escaped, only one would have died.

16. Takeshi

Takeshi Valued Member

I thought would the terrorists kill all the hostages immediately or try to finish the mission with what hostages they have?

17. slipthejab

Man go back and read your own thread. This has been answered already.
    I'll try to break it down for you in no uncertain terms.

1) For the 6 hostages to attack simultaneously is asking a lot. Why? Because they were surprised. They were woken up and not all six hostages were in the same place at the same time at the beginning. Their mind was not weapons disarms as it is for someone in a Krav Maga class. Additionally we've yet to actually establish that any of them trained in Krav Maga to any extent. A simultaneous attack by the six would have required split second decision making and communication that was impossible given the circum stances. What were they supposed to do? Tap out Morse Code through the dormitory walls?!

2) Even had the six hostages attacked simultaneously it most probably would have only succeeded in getting them killed faster. Why? Because even if they all attacked - it's highly doubtful that all terrorists were within arms reach. Since the terrorists had every indication that they wouldn't get out of the ordeal alive they most likely wouldn't have second guessed firing into the melee and cutting everyone (other terrorist included) down like dogs. Given that we know the rate of fire per min. and sec. of the weapons they had even one terrorist out of arms reach could have easily mowed the room down. Failing that a single grenade (of which they also carried) would have blasted everyone to bits.

3)
    You continuously ignore the fear factor. Not only in being confronted with a live weapon at the hands of a terrorist that is familar to your culture and people... but also the fear factor of that era... Israel was fresh in from a whole heap of fighting with Arabs... the Bader Minhof gang was fresh in the memory and airline hi-jacking was coming into it's own. All factors not to be underestimated on the psyche of a hostage.

4) You sound like you don't understand much about terrorism. These terrorist were not afraid to die. They undertook their grim mission knowing full well that they probably wouldn't be coming back alive. Even if several hostage escaped it doesn't really change much. You still have hostages now being held by terrorists. Who are now angry because some of their hostages just got away. So that doesn't bode any better in any way shape or form for the hostages that are still being held. In many ways it's immaterial to your actual stance on disarms because it's not what happened. It's grasping at straws to support your assertions... which is nothing new in this thread. :rolleyes:

18. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Takeshi,

Can I ask what the point of this thread is please? Just curious. :)

19. Takeshi

Takeshi Valued Member

Guy stuff, you wouldn't understand. :D

20. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

And this troll has lasted how many pages?

What a load of tripe.

What's the point of debating martial arts with someone who's never done any?

Go do some training Takeshi, and you might actually be able to comprehend what everybody else is talking about.