Multimedia audio controller

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jabcrosshook, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Hey tecchies... problem #2 with the format of my PC. I have no sound. In device managers the "multimedia audio controller" has a bright yellow "?" next to it. When I try and install it, I get a message telling me that the drivers are not available.

Before I cry and kick a hole through the thing, can anyone tell me what I would need to download bearing in mind the computer which is affected is an emachines 3250?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

You need to find the correct drivers for it which should be on a disc you got with the machine(either a restore disk or a seperate sound card disc, or your motherboard driver disc).

If you have the disk use the install drivers from disk option and direct it to the correct directory on the disc.

If you dont have a drivers disc you will need to know the make and model of your sound card. If its onboard sound you can check your motherboard manufacturers site(they will have them), if its a seperate soundcard go to the manufacurers site and they should be there.

Start->Run->"dxdiag"
    Look under Sound tab

You should find your soundcard make and model here.

You could also use this program to identify your sc

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=181

3. Thanks man... I'd assumed that using the disk to format would install the drivers back on, but alas, no. Anyway thanks.. they're all installed now and I'm happy :)

4. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

No probs man