Multi quoiting HELP

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by CrowZer0, Mar 27, 2013.

1. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Could someone please teach me how to multi quote?

What I mean is how do I successfully multi quote more than one person in one post?

I always fail and get it wrong.

Step by step instructions would be helpful :p

Thanks

For examples sake, I'll write another message after this so someone could use this thread to demonstrate? Thanks

2. CrowZer0

Testing, multiquote me plox thanks you.

3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Do you mean like this?

Ooops I didnt write that ;)

4. CrowZer0

Yes!

5. Princess Haru

I went to the Quote button (like you did) and edited it to the first part, then copied the initial quote bracket info, changed the MAP username, edited the second part, made sure there was a close brackets and ta da. Simple like html

6. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

For all the posts you want to qoute, press the "multiquote" button on each one.

Except for the VERY LAST POST that you want to quote. On this one just press the normal "quote" button.

For manual editing, do as Princess Haru said.

7. CrowZer0

Lets see if this works.

Ok, preview seems to show it works, but how would I multiquote more than 1 person if I don't have their user id thingy?

8. CrowZer0

Omg I am such an idiot in all my years on MAP I have never noticed the bloody multiquote button!!! Thank you Gapjumperr!

9. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

See Gapjumper's post! :)

10. CrowZer0

:eek:Ok Mods, let's get this thread closed now before more people see it...

11. CrowZer0

Wow, I can't believe I didn't realise it was this easy >.<. I thought it was all done manually in advanced post!!!!:woo:

12. gapjumper

LOL!

It took me ages to figure it out too.

13. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Thanks for asking Crow. I've always done opened a second browser window, went to MAP, and cut/paste quotes. This will be much simpler!

14. CrowZer0

Lets see how responses look now, after all this is the testing forum. :p

It just goes on to prove how much we miss with something right in front of our eyes!

I always did it wrong, I have learnt ask and you shall receive!

(Just writing auto responses to see how this looks).

15. Princess Haru

That's cool. I wondered how to too but just found a method that worked for me.

Me neither. Shameless 'new' multiquote test:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy: if only i could fix my sticky left button on this laptop which selects things when i'm not looking....

16. gapjumper

:) Public service broadcasting :)

17. CrowZer0

18. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I don't trust this new-fangled multiquote malarky. We didn't have poncy stuff like that when I were a lad!

I just press the 'quote' button. Then if I want to break it down into sections and reply to each one individually, I simply type the word 'QUOTE' in square brackets before the bit that I want to quote and '/QUOTE' in square brackets at the end. But kids today don't want to learn proper skills like that. :rolleyes:

19. CrowZer0

Kids today all technological like *sigh*.

20. Princess Haru

some of us were born chanting 'old skool', never mind the internet I want my clay tablets back, whatever happened to papyrus?