Muay Thai Training Videos

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Unreal Combat, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Their pricing kept me from even observing a class, no point in evaluating a school I cannot afford.
    I am not sure of the quality of Muay Thai taught there but have watched their students in local MMA bouts. It seems mostly they only win if fighting someone from their own gym.

2. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Heres a vid I found from 2 years ago,Its the last time I trained properly due to a prolapsed disc and Prostatitis I had the disc prob at the time of this vid so not moving as well as I would of liked:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfTdXF9ZCg&feature=youtu.be"]IMG 0062 - YouTube[/ame]

3. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Nice video. Really strong technique! I'm jealous of your roundhouse kicks as that's the one kick I am still trying to nail! My left roundhouse kicks aren't so bad, I've gotten more used to switching on my lead (I'm more used to just throwing the kick out from lead position) but my right roundhouse kick I struggle to get 100% right on Thai Pads. Getting there slowly though. We're going to be focusing on it over the next few weeks I think when we do our Sunday training and over a couple of private sessions so I can really work on getting it around more and pivoting my base foot properly as well.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  4. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I like the lead round kick without a switch bro,I also like the switch and the step,actually my left kick is better than my right and Im right handed/legged:)

5. Unreal Combat

My left is better too, it's more accurate and technically capable than my right. My right is pretty much all power and spinning kicks, which is where it needs improvement, to get it more technically capable for other kicks.

6. LapsangSouchong

LapsangSouchong One lump or two?

In punching - Wing Chun is not good for this.

After I'd been practicing straight punching for a while I lost me ability to bowl, kept drawing my arm towards my center - and the ball along the gutter in the bowling alley.

I also had a strange problem with my left punch... I had a wooden ball hanging from a string in my garage, to practice fast-accuracy - with my left it kept swerving around the target - quite perplexing, but I think it was because of the contorted action of the punch.

7. Unreal Combat

We're talking about Muay Thai Roundhouse Kicks, not Wing Chun Punches.

I don't mean to sound abrupt, but I just don't understand the relevance, sorry.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Due to my knee, I cant really switch kick. So I have to do similar and step to my right, open the hip and kick with the left. Less torque on my right knee.

9. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

A result of little or no competition.

I reckoned there was a high probability that you'd already been there/done that with regards to checking them out, but why not?

10. Unreal Combat

Been a while since I have posted any videos. We had a new ring installed at the gym so there was some disruption while that was being fitted.

Anyway, here's a short video of me doing some clinchwork, and some basic combo drills earlier today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Q2GSnL3FI"]Thai Pad Training[/ame]

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nice work, good balance, good cardio, nice drills.

Looks like you have a good coach too.

12. Unreal Combat

Thank you Simon. :)

13. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Not that easy throwing knees against a big fellow like him, issit? lol.

14. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

Good stuff UC. . Just realised which gym you are from too, are you perhaps going to the Derby fight show this weekend? My training partner is scheduled to fight somebody from your gym on the show :)

15. Unreal Combat

I'm guessing with being from Birmingham you are from Black Widow Gym? We were supposed to go down for Black Widow's interclub on the 16th February but injuries prevented me from participating (that gym's facilities look awesome too).

We've got a couple of fighters on the show, which one is your friend going up against?

I don't think I am going to the show at Pride Park this weekend. Funds are pretty tight at the moment and most of my money is going on training and interclubs in preparation for my own decision fight in May.

He twists and turns like a snake in clinch, makes it hard to do anything. Haha.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  16. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member

Nah I'm from K-Star :) I'm not sure what the guys name is to be honest, Khalid or Khaleem I think? 74kg fighter

17. Unreal Combat

Ah gotcha. For some reason I thought he was fighting a Black Widow fighter. Should be a good fight that one.

18. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

Why all are your videos deleted Unreal Combat?

19. Unreal Combat

A: That's a matter that is non of your concern.

B: These videos are from well over a year ago.

20. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

As local (not international) fighters, if someone googles us and finds recent videos, that's very helpful for them.