Muay Thai pics

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by killer_kicks88, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

DONT GO THERE!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

2. killer_kicks88

killer_kicks88 Banned Banned

i have never heard of sandy...who is he?...i have heard of the sandee brand though, i was gonna get personalized shorts from them

3. sky

sky Valued Member

i think that is sandy holt, i am sure he has had many muay thai titels, he was taught by master sken

4. killer_kicks88

oh ok...i know who master sken is...but not sandy holt, i will google him ^_^

5. Shins

Shins New Member

I am taught by Master Sken and know of Sandy through him but have yet to meet him face to face! Great bloke though as I`ve spoke to him on another forum! :D

6. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I have read about him in Combat magazine quite a bit have never seen him fight. If I remember right I think he is entering an acting career at the moment and trying to be the next Jakie Chan. I did'nt think he was an extrovert........ :D

7. Shins

Shins New Member

:rolleyes: Far from it! He did a few cameo rolls in Batman (along side the Joker) and has been on channel five showing MT to the nation but he has since stayed away from the film side of things because of the bad press MT has had. You will have seen a lot of him in magazines and the like as when it comes to MT the guy is a genius! I know, I`ve seen him first hand! :D

8. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

What do you mean by the bad press that MT has had? :confused:

9. Shins

Shins New Member

When MT started becoming more popular especially in films, it was depicted as being a violent, bloody sport and was slated in it`s early days by the media. Load of rubbish as we all know but there you go! :rolleyes:

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

kicboxer, bloodsport etc hardly put thai fighters in a glorious light. in kickboxer tong po was a violent sadistic rapist (notice that van damme does not use any knees or elbows to beat him) and in bloodsport there was a dirty vicious white guy who was supposed to be a thai boxer. stereotype used in pretty much every single MA movie made in the 80s/90s

11. Shins

Shins New Member

Exactly mate. Thankfully though people have opened their eyes and seen MT for what it really is!

The Best Sport Around! :woo:

12. Mawi

Mawi Banned Banned

Hmmm, Muay Thai is a art. In Bloodsport van damme used karte and spining kicks. Many arts that aren't thai want to think they can beat Muay Thai and the only way they can beat it is in a movie. If you look at all the Jet li moves you will find them flashy and have low impact, yet in a movie he went in a Ultimate Fighting place and beat like 20 to 25 guys that are trained mostly in kickboxing, muay thai and boxing.... However i think Ong Bak might change the mid set of peolpe beacuse in reality MY fighters don't try to kill each other, they belive in honor,respect,courge and service. :woo:

13. sky

sky Valued Member

wasnt it ninjutsu or do you mean they coreography style

14. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

Van Damme was supposed to portray Frank Dux (ninjutsu) in Bloodsport. However he almost always resorts to using karate techniques in all his movies. It's true most MT fighters have been painted in somewhat of a bad light. Tong Po, Paco even Sagat, Adon and Hwa Jai in the video games. But just as well there's a Joe Higashi and a Boonting in Ong Bak to cast a different light.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  15. killer_kicks88

for your enjoyment

Attached Files:

16. killer_kicks88

Janjira!

Attached Files:

• pic6.jpg
      pic6.jpg
      File size: