Muay Thai Guy in SAS TV Show

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Scaramouch, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Scaramouch

Scaramouch Lost Soul

One for the UK or those with BBC2 on satellite

Did anyone see the program last Sun (15th Feb) eve - SAS: Are You Tough Enough? Basically is idea of the show is to take a collection of super fit men and women dump them in the Namib desert in Africa and a sadistic ex-SAS bloke, Eddie Stone tries to get them to quit - to show how hard he was to have been in the SAS (forgive the sarcasm).

Anyway, as part of the training they did some milling - basically non-stop boxing (only hand techniques) in 35 degreeC heat. One of the guys claimed to be am ex-boxer but put in a poor performance, however, a black guy from the UK (does anyone know who he was?) claimed (I think?) to be a pro-Muay Thai fighter. He was the biz and put his man down quick-time. Most entertaining.............I await the next installment to see how he does on the rest of the show.

2. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Yeah, I saw it. He looked pretty handy. Didn't a martial artist win the first one?

3. paul paterson

paul paterson Valued Member

Osu,

The lad was okay but you are forgetting that "Milling" (a British Army (Para's) phrase) is about using pure aggression and has nothing to do with technique, wearing a very heavy pair of boxing gloves and Milling for one minute is tough.

The lad might be good at his Muay Thai Boxing but lacks mental ability and team work, he won't last long as per say with the blond lass with the attitude problem.

Eddie is one mean man (from Campbeltown and living in Paisley) an ex-Scots Guards soldier, never cross swords with this man...

Osu.
    Regards

Paul Paterson

4. Scaramouch

Scaramouch Lost Soul

Paul, I know what you mean, the Muay Thai chap did seem to be moaning a bit on the last show so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. As for the blonde bint, the less we see of her the better - although she's probably mad enough to go the distance.

And yes, I don't intend to "cross swords" with Mr Stone, although you must admit he's on a bit of an ego trip with these SAS TV shows. He lives in Paisley, ah well there is justice in the World after all!

5. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

They've really started to ham it up a bit on this latest one haven't they? I particularly liked the way all the experts rode in on quad bikes in dramatic style!

On a serious note, I'm a great fan of Mike Stroud, the program medic. He's written an excellent book on extreme events and survival called "Survival of the fittest". Well worth a read.

I've got a lot of respect for anyone who'll do one of those programs. The furthest I've ever run is a half marathon the other year, and it just about killed me! Since then I only do anything more than 10k at walking pace, and with a pub at the end of each day :)

6. Scaramouch

Scaramouch Lost Soul

Alas, the Muay Thai bloke (got his name this time, Johnney Roye) bit the dust - all for the sake of not being able to use a GPS. Damn, the lippy blonde bint is still in it!

Looks like he's got a fight comming up at the end of March though -

http://www.peles-gym.co.uk/news.htm

Spotted theres a guy who does JJ, so may be I'll switch my allegiances to him.

7. kickcatcher

kickcatcher Banned Banned

Yeh, the boxer seemed to be too interested in boxing and not just milling. But Mr Roye did put on an excellent bit of milling. And the chap who went against him put on a brave face -good on him too.

But SAS isn't about comp fighting alone. Pity he's not an all-rounder.

8. Scaramouch

Scaramouch Lost Soul

HA HA!! Exit the lippy blonde bint................

Mr JuJitsu looked a bit shaky under interrogation last night, so we'll just have to wait and see if he can last the distance.

9. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Which one is Mr ju jitsu? That gp is quite hard-faced, isn't she?

10. Scaramouch

Scaramouch Lost Soul

Mr JJ was the bloke in his early 20's who was chatting away to his "interrogator" like he was down the pub, speaking about his girlfriend and family - smart!!

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

hehe yeah, that was top dogs!!! :) Smacked the guy right in the face and put him on the floor! :) I was laughing me head off at the time (evil i know...)