muay thai around manchester

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by hcmini1989, May 26, 2015.

1. hcmini1989

hcmini1989 New Member

Right im coming from a Japanese jui jitsu background been doing it for a while now ,but I fancy something abit more full contact ,I have been doing a lot of reading about various styles and I have settled on trying muay thai , So I was wondering what peoples opinions on different clubs in the area are , Ive searched and seen that theres quite a few different clubs in area ,I don't want anything to serious more of a hobby to start with I don't intend to compete ( at first ) just after a nice friendly club where I don't have to sign up for a 12 month contract

So whats about and what are you experiences

and cheers for any info guys

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

As far as I can tell, Manchester is the Mecca of Thai in England. Have you tried Google? Best to see first what is available to you and fits well with any schedules you may have.

3. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Where are you in Manchester, there are loads of reputable thai clubs in great manchester, you might as well narrow it down to a particular area

4. hcmini1989

hcmini1989 New Member

im in Wythenshawe so believe its south Manchester ,I have googled and as you said there is loads just trying to get peoples opinions on different clubs maybe if there is any to avoid etc

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Post some links man! :)

6. hcmini1989

hcmini1989 New Member

phoenixmuaythai.co.uk/‎
    allpowersgym.co.uk/muay-thai/
    blackeyemuaythai.co.uk/

these are the main ones ive been thinking of i am open to ideas of others though i did look at master a and masterken but these look more along the lines of doing it to compete .

7. hcmini1989

hcmini1989 New Member

www.pelesgym.com/ allso looked at these aswell so any info or opinions on any of these

8. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

All Powers gym are good. Panicos Yusef teaches there if I recall correctly.

9. hcmini1989

hcmini1989 New Member

yes mate your right i think hes the main instructor there , I think ill have to pop down to a few they all seem to generate really good fighters and have good credentials ,just where i have done all my jui jitstu have been small dojos and have been all really laid back and helpfull ,I did pop down to a local mma place but it seemed to be full of young lads and none of them had any respect for each other and the instructors were all clowns so that kind of put me off mma so i thought id try abit of muay thai being an older sport ,Hence the post on here to see if could get any members of clubs up that could recommend somewhere

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

All Powers:)

11. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Wythenshaw you have loads near you.

But you have Frankie Hudders gym right on yoru doorstep.

https://www.facebook.com/franks.gym

Was a great fighter, now a top coach, with a big stable of fighters their or just go and learn Muay Thai

12. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

All Powers is top notch too, but you will have to travel to south of stockport city centre.

Run by Panicos Yusuf, he fought this weekend on the Main Event, he is an absolute technition. I photographed his fight.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153392455643628.1073741917.100954663627&type=1

They also have an MMA Branch of All Powers run by ex UFC fighter Brendan Loughnane if you fancy mixing it up a bit, they do thai classes their too and thats in Manchester City Centre

You have Northern Spirit in Sale too which is pretty close, home of 16 year old Muay thai prodigy Dakota Dictheva, who also fought on the Main Event this weekend.

I photographed that as well,

https://www.facebook.com/sandeeboxing/photos/pcb.10153391650938628/10153391650173628/?type=1&theater BOOM! she is unreal.

Try Franks first since its on your doorstep

13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

The Main Event was a quality show.

14. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member