Muay Boran vids On Youtube . . .

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by IanK, Jun 23, 2008.

1. IanK

IanK Valued Member

Found a couple of vids on Youtube of what looked like a Muay Boran bout in an open air arena, dont have a link, sorry but just search 'Muay Boran' in the engine and they are in the top few.........

now, obv this kind of bout is now outlawed for a sanctioned show right? but, do these kinds of shows exist on a lets say, 'underground' level or not???

I settled down to watch the vid and was looking forward to some devastating moves (I love the traditional/old style Muay Thai/Boran - whichever you prefer to call it:)) but these two guy's hardly connected with anything and did very little in the way of what I would expect to see in a Muay Boran show, exhibition or not.......a lot of pawing each other and the occasional kick, apart from that very uneventful. I know I wouldn't want to take a shot with the hemped knuckles tho ! :)

So, anyone heard/seen of any of these bouts proper.....what we get over her called ''unlicsenced'' if you will ? ? ? ?

2. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hi Ian,

You probably saw the Burmese vs Thai fights which are fought every Thai new year in Mae Sot on the Thai/Burma border,for the most part these are fought with just hand wraps on(no gloves)and the contestants are regular Muay Thai boxers that just take of the gloves,hence no special technique etc being used,the Burmese tend to punch more during these bouts.:)

3. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

The bare knuckle boxing is awesome, was there a couple of years back.