Mozilla Firefox 0.9

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by hongkongfuey, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Timmy!

Timmy! A Hypno-Toad In Disguise

I really don't know. I was installing Thunderbird on a computer that had just had a clean installation of Windows so Outlook was long gone anyway.

Can anybody else shed some light on this?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yes - you can. Just go to Tools > Import.

3. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

FF and Thunderbird have now been updated to version 0.93 and 0.73 respectivly. Nothing new as far as I can tell - just security patches.

4. hongkongfuey

another tip for firefox users. Install the 'all in one gestures' extension (tools -> extensions -> get more extensions). There are then various shortcuts you can use whilst browsing. The most useful of these I find is :

Right click and drag up over hyperlink - opens hyperlink in new tab. Great for news sites where you want to open a lot of the links - you can open 3 or 4 links per second this way!

5. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

I'm a lil bit confused with Thunderbird, anyone care to give me a lil bit of help?

First: When entering a name and email address, do you enter a current one (such as a hotmail account)?

Second: I'm totally clueless about the server part

Thanx in advance.

6. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I'm totally a devoted Firefox user and now I need to open a Tbird account, but my parents are still in the Amish stone age that is IE I've been trying to introduce them to the 21st century, but they just don't listen.

7. hongkongfuey

Just install it and don't tell them. That's what I did at home, and nobody has noticed yet!

8. hongkongfuey

another cool add-on : BBCodes - it contains shortcuts to all the common BB codes, such as (quote) (b) etc. (with square brackets obviously)

9. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I love this new theme thingy Noia 2.0(extreme) it makes surfing the web so much cooler:D recommend it to any firefox user. PS I can't get Thunderbird to work.

10. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I second HKF's recommendations on the all-in-one gestures. I came to FireFox from Opera and I just couldn't live without the mouse gestures. As for skins, the Noia Extreme's nice but I prefer Nautopolis or my current skin, Safari which is a nice brushed silver. Goes well with my Windowblinds theme. Deviantart.com has tons of themes designed by members for both FireFox and Thunderbird. :cool:

11. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

The trick is to also remove all easy access to IE. Remove it from the start menu, and remove it from the desktop, ind if it's in the taskbar, then remove it from there too. They learn pretty quickly after thet :D

12. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Ah, thanx!

13. I just changes the icon and the shortcut name ... they never noticed a thing!

'You will be educated Neanderthals, you will!'

14. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Just to let you guys know, version 1.0's out now. I haven't found much new from version 0.9.3 but I've only had it for ten minutes. It seems to be stable and all my gestures and themes from the previous version work as well

15. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

Sever, thanks for letting us know.

I heard that the 1.0 release was due within the next few days.

Download it here

16. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Thanks for that.

I'm off to download it right now. :)

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hold on, I just download 0.9.3, then they bring out an even newer version? :(

Oh well, that needs sorting when I get home :)

18. Sever

Sever Valued Member

No problem. It's worth a look for anyone who's still under Gates' control. They've updated Thunderbird too

19. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

Just to let you know it's not the full GOLD release but a very near preview release. The end product should be here any day now.

Even saying that V1.0PR seems faster than 0.9.3 - the only issue seems that loads of my extensions are not compatible with this version.

20. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I don't have many extensions, but the ones I do have (all-in-one mouse gestures, compact menu for the skin I use and all my skins) seem to work fine. Which extensions are you using?
    Thanks for pointing out that it's not the full version, I forgot to do that in my previous post.