Moving topics

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Dojo, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

Hello
    I don't want to offend anyone, I am just passing a tip from my webmaster experience :)

I have seen in some categories topics that should be moved (some in the general MA could easily go to the getting started one and so on). Thi is a problem many face in forums, especially in a huge community like this one.

The mods should try to see these topics and move them into the proper place.

Sorry if offended .. not my intention ;)

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

No offence taken. :) ... just shows me that you have taken an interest in MAP ;)

As you mentioned.... MAP is indeed a huge community with over 17,000 members and nearly 1,000 posts made each day. You may find a number of posts placed in General Discussion that could easily be redirected to a more "appropriate" forum. However, you will find that our TM's are the best here and devote much of their valued time in moderating discussion....

General Discussion takes into account a variety of different discussions. Most new members are not yet MAP-savvy and will inevitably post their threads in GD.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  3. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

Glad you are not upset ;)

Indeed, I am interested in this community. Always was, just took a break :)

I'll be here to annoy you from time to time with my tips for improvement ... I also agree with the reason you stated. It's indeed easier to post there than to find your way through the categories. They are indeed logical, but a newcomer might feel overwhelmed. Will come back with other ideas. When you can no longer stand me, just kick me out ;)

Thank you for everything :)