Moving On/Moved On

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by warriorofanart, Jul 28, 2012.

1. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

It's a silly question, but I've seen a few members/ ex-members with one of those titles underneath their names. Is that just a coincidence, or there's a reason for it like inactivity.

Thanks!

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Periodically we set the status of absent members to "Moved On", so it's not just coincidence.

3. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

What's "Moving" on for then? People who plan to leave?

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Moving on is personal choice of description, nothing official from our end.

In somewhat more technical terms, "Moving on" is a custom user title, while "Moved on" is automatically associated with the "Moved on" usergroup which overwrites personal settings.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Moving on is because I lack the will power to actually kick my MAP habit.

:D

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

What Dean actually means by this is that he can't stand to be away from me for too long... ;) :D :Angel:

7. Dean Winchester

Thought that went without saying.

Anyway it's a bit tricky since you took out that restraining order.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I tend to think of it as an apt title because MAP doesn't hand out tiarras and silky banners for all the drama queens that feel necessary to announce to the MAP populace at large that they were too idiotic too abide by the TOS and communicate in a somewhat civil manner and keep a sense of humor while posting.

Not always mind you... but there are a fare number of people subscribe the self important.

9. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

You have to understand that I only took that out because the neighbours were getting upset by your constant presence in their bushes! ;) :D

10. Dean Winchester

I'm not going to touch that.......again..... :eek:

11. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Passing on would have seemed to final.

12. righty

righty Valued Member

You could replace 'Banned' with 'Passed On'. Or 'Forcibly Passed On'.

13. warriorofanart

Thanks Aegis! :)

That's a part of why I asked. There's a certain member who posted a lot of threads that were deemed "inane," and a few days later that member had the "moved on" title under that member's name (trying to keep it as vague as possible so bear with me). So I thought maybe that member was asked nicely to stop posting and then instead of being banned a simple "moved on" sufficed, like a firm goodbye. :D

Although I like your idea righty, nothing to make the passing easier than with a joke :p

14. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

We do sometimes get the odd member who gets in touch with the mod team and requests to be 'moved on' as they stamp their feet and whatnot. In that situation I suppose you could equate 'moved on' with 'asked to resign'.

But I should point out that the absolute majority (like 90% odd) of people who are moved on simply stopped posting, or have asked to be moved on so they can kick the habit!

15. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

i hope if i ever don't post for a while that i dont be 'moved on\ under my name. :( because i wont have 'moved on' just absent for a while.

16. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I wouldn't worry too much. a) You'd have to have been away for quite some time and b) If it did happen, a quick email to one of us would get you reinstated again right away. It's a "tidying up" thing, not a "booting off" thing.

17. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Just checking what it says under my name ;)

18. warriorofanart

Wait so if they ask to to be moved on does that mean they cannot post anymore?

I wouldn't worry about it too much Blade, because one time I didn't log in for like a year and I didn't have the "moved on" under my name, so it must be a prolonged length of time.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012