movies that move you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

There's a moment in The Awakening where the mother of Robert De Niro's character sees her son for the first time since he came out of his 'coma'. It could have been really cheesey, but I thought it was handled perfectly. I saw it at the pictures, and I actually shed a few tears. :eek: Which was EXTRA embarrassing as I was on a first date! :bang:

2. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

The Crow - Everything about that movie, especially when Eric (Brandon Lee) comes back home and has all the memories of his life. Easily the most under-rated movie of all time.

Braveheart - The part where the little girl gives a young William the flower at the end of the father/brother funeral. Get's me every time.

Man On Fire - The relationship that Denzel develops with Dakota, and how it all plays out, and when she is running back to him at the end.

Pursuit of Happyness - If the scene at the end where Will Smith has tears in his eyes does not move you... man!

3. DaShizNit

DaShizNit Banned Banned

Man On Fire

Though Man on Fire is a bit too much of an action movie. The ending was really moving. I am a bit too violent to watch sad martial arts movies. :D I really prefer :woo:

Nuf said.

4. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

Transformers the Movie, when Optimus Prime dies :cry:

Wrong thread for this, but books tend to get me more emotional than films, but then I do read more than I watch :rolleyes:

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

During my first year at uni I lived in a hall of residence and one day there was a large group of us in the TV room watching 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air', it was the episode where Will's absent father came back into his life and of course Will is all excited and they're planning a trip together.

Uncle Phil tries to warn Will that his father is a no good good for nothing but Will's all 'You're not my real father, forget you...' or something.

Anyway, Will's all set for the trip but his father had bailed on him. Of course Will tries to act all cool with it, he is the Fresh Prince afterall, then he goes into a rhetoric on how he's going to be a better father than his father will ever be.

This leads to a breakdown and the line 'Why doesn't he want me..?'

Get's me every single time... :cry:

6. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Braveheart
    Schindlers List
    Cinderlla Man (humbling)
    Million Dollar Baby

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Usually when comedy programmes try to have a 'Serious and Moving Moment', it makes you want to barf, but that one was really well done, and was genuinely moving.

PS: are we allowed to include p0rn films in this thread? Some of them are very moving.

8. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Azumi - Both amazing films!

Lion King 1+2 - say no more :D

the Prohecy films, 1-3.

9. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

Off the top of my head....
    'Hero'
    'Spirited Away' (just for being utterly lovely)
    'Pan's Labyrinth'
    The last episode of 'Blackadder Goes Forth', when they go over the top. I've seen that soooo often and I cry every single time! :eek:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Oooh yeah I forgot to say that in that room full of lads half of them huge big t3h d34dly rugby players, every single person was silent by the end of that episode.

I don't see why not, it does say what movie moves you. Though I'm sure it's emotion movement rather than moving for tissue... :eek:

11. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Beautiful.
    I remember that episode too.

Ya, emotions was the idea in the OP.

12. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

'The green mile' got me all mushy.

13. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

'Mushy' is an understatement :p

I'm a bit of a sucker for weepy films :eek: Saving Private Ryan, Good Will Hunting.....umm....should I be admitting this?

14. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

yea those too, are cool films. Saving private Ryan - wow.

No worries, I'm happy to be a mushy boy :p

15. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

Dancer in the dark is the most tragic film i have ever seen (and i've seen alot of 'em)

I swear i have never cried so much at something that wasnt real.

16. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Same here. Nothing wrong with showing some emotion.

17. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

My favorite movie is "Love Actually."

I'm just sorry it has all those... adult oriented scenes so it can't be shown on TV every year at Christmas time. It would be the new "Miracle of 42nd Street." An edited version would work, just not quite as well.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  18. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Movies with ulterior motives or seeing people succeed against all odds are definitely ones that hit me the most.

When a man loves a woman

Courage under fire

Antwone fisher

Remember the titans

I am sam

Angelas ashes

Rob roy

I could go on forever

19. inokichi

inokichi Murse

Off the top of my head...

Brotherhood (The ending always tears me up)
    Chungking Express
    Oldboy (Once again, the ending mostly...completely :()
    The Pianist
    The Princess and the Warrior
    Come and See

Though it's a kid's film, The Land Before Time has always got to me, ever since I was a kid. Poor Littlefoot...:(

20. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

The mummy dinosaur.....on the rock.....and the music..... :cry: