Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Athleng Nordic, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I hate making wrong turns, for just that reason. At least you could limp it home.

2. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

I thought you guys might be interested in the progress of my Ducati. It is nearly ready to go, I just need to get another fuel cap. Since I took this photo I have fitted the old exhaust system, it still has some minor dings from the fall but it is not too bad. I have had the motor running but still need to tune and balance the carburettors.

The bodywork was red and it is now black with a red pearl. I probably should have painted the frame but I was running short on time so I couldn't be bothered. The engine has new pistons and rings, and new seals fitted throughout. I have also changed the cylinder heads to Desmo ones and matched all the porting to the manifolds. The motor was silver, but I changed it to match the new colour of the bodywork. Hopefully I will be out riding it within the next couple of weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

That thing is a work of art!. Its going to sound sweeeeeeeet too i bet!.

Nice one colin;)

P.S. front disks look a little rusty!! :p

4. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

This is Kashi, my bike,

She is a girl because she is RELIABLE!!!!

Attached Files:

5. Hiroji

niiiiiiiice!

Shes sweet, take good care of her!! ;)

6. ZenPixelTKD

I do, sometimes, if nobody is looking, I give her a little hug!

7. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Thanks. The brakes are brembo units, they are the original type used on these bikes. They are cast iron discs, so they rust up very quickly, within minutes of washing the bike. They used them because they worked much better than the stainless discs the Japanese were using at the time, especially in the wet. For those of you that have ridden Japanese bikes from that period, around the 70’s – 80’s, you may remember how their brakes refused to work for the first second or so in the wet. While the brakes are not as good as modern ones on the road, and feel a little wooden by comparison, they do work quite well on the track once you get their temperature up.

8. hux

hux ya, whatever.

that thing is a work of art man :) nice.

somebody ask me what I'm doing this summer...go ahead, ask me....no really. :D :D

[​IMG]

9. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

All bikes deserve a little hug now and then, otherwise they sulk and don’t go well.

10. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

I bet your going for a long run, because that would be so much more fun than ridding. I think you may need a few pairs of runners though. :D

11. Hiroji

hux you lucky git!! if you need a wing man gimme a call! ;)

Thats gonna be awsome. Roll on summer eh!!

12. Athleng Nordic

Colin - Nice work!!! Keep us posted

Zen - Reliable? Yeah Right! :p :D Keep her clean or come visit me. <evil grin>

hux - Man you need to push that ride out to Washington. That or keep me posted and I'll meet up with ya!

13. hux

hux ya, whatever.

:D :D :D

I dunno man, between the wife and work I can only escape for two weeks. I have a bit of lobbying to do to get that much...

;)

14. Athleng Nordic

When is this trip going to happen?

15. ZenPixelTKD

Why?! What are you going to do to me?! Or my bike?!!!

16. Athleng Nordic

<EVIL GRIN> :p

17. ZenPixelTKD

eeek! Mummy!

18. hux

hux ya, whatever.

listen, you don't wanna be hanging around in this thread after dropping a bomb like that...wolves in here ;)

:D :D

nordic - hopefully the first half of july, but after talking with wifey it might be second half. maybe we could meet up somewhere sho 'nuff?

19. Athleng Nordic

28th to the 30th of July is the Sun-n-Surf rally on the Washington coast.

20. hux

hux ya, whatever.

ROFL i just got that ;)