Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Athleng Nordic, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Sometimes the tracks that don't host international races throw up some brilliant racing. This is from Cadwell Park in the UK, and demonstrates the appeal quite nicely :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy4bZF6p04c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy4bZF6p04c[/ame]

Mitch

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Cadwell Park is an insane circuit and the mountain is just one part of the craziness

3. Mitch

A mate of mine was on the first session of a trackday there with me and thought, "I wonder what happens if I take the mountain a gear lower?"

The answer is you flip your bike so it lands upside down before sliding down the track, still upside down, whilst you slide along behind it on your **** watching the expensive damage in slow motion horror.

Then you look at the newly created bike-pancake hybrid in the paddock and try and persuade yourself it's fixable, whilst Mitch stands next to you, gently but regularly interjecting, "No mate, it's stuffed*"

Then you get me to phone Mrs Mitch and get her to hire a van, (on a Saturday morning), to drive from Nottingham to Cadwell (in the Bank Holiday traffic heading for Skeggy), to collect the remains of your bike.

Amazing how a simple question can lead to such a convoluted answer :D

Mitch

*other words may have been used.

4. holyheadjch

The normal question that leads to that situation is 'Do you really need to roll the throttle over the mountain?' Yes, yes you do. At least your mate was being original.

5. Mitch

Unlike his bike, which became distinctly second hand :D

I love Cadwell, me; terrifying!

Mitch

6. holyheadjch

It's best on a dry day, when it's been raining the day before so the track is dry everywhere, except under the trees where it's soaking wet.

7. Mitch

*fear*

Mitch

8. Mitch

Macau GP.

It's like bike racing, but even mentaler :D

Mitch

Attached Files:

9. holyheadjch

Pfft, the holding bay at the TT is scarier than that.

10. Mitch

I read a quote from (appropriately enough) McGuniess recently who said, "There's no better feeling than the slow-down lap, and then you can enjoy a couple of days of brutal drinking." I'm intrigued by the idea of brutal drinking :D

Mitch

11. holyheadjch

It's deadlier than the racing.

12. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Here's my new motorcycle (I bought earlier this month after my last one was totaled by a mobility van).
    Yes, I'm going to do some cosmetic upgrades on it.

[​IMG]

13. Mitch

You know how martial artists like to think they have good balance and fine motor skills? Hmm...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02Zsk3Nqjg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02Zsk3Nqjg[/ame]

Mitch

14. Mitch

15. Mitch

The testing has started for the new season of MotoGP, and there's lots to talk about. The new Ducati? Can Rossi ride it to a podium? Can anyone get anywhere near Stoner? Can Lorenzo come back strong from last seasons defeat and injury?

And yet, without being morbid and entirely to celebrate the spirit of MotoGP, I want to start it off with this :)

[​IMG]

Racing is life, everything else is just waiting. :)

Mitch

16. holyheadjch

I was at the Motorcycle show in November, and passed by the main stage just as they played a Simoncelli tribute and absolutely everyone just stopped what they were doing to watch it. It was spine tingling in the most heart crushing way. I don't think I've ever experienced an atmosphere as intense as that.

17. Mitch

I know naff all about off-roading, me. I've done a bit but was pretty bad at it.

Tomorrow I borrow a mate's RXV450 for the summer. a 450cc v-twin that I'm pretty sure is evil wrapped in alloy and aggression.

I expect to make many posts on MAP from the scenery of Nottinghamshire where the spiteful thing will have chucked me on a regular basis.

I will, of course, post pictures for your amusement :D

Mitch

18. Mitch

I just rode it. Oh my word.

Mitch

Attached Files:

19. holyheadjch

But...where do you store your packed lunch?

20. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

I ride a Triumph America. Got it at the begining of this year. Been a custon biker for two years so far. Yep... I've started many things a bit late...

[​IMG]