Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Athleng Nordic, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Oooh, SP1, HRC loveliness :D

Mitch

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I now have a Honda :D
    Apparently someone once saw one of mine carrying 4 people in Brazil, would be happier seeing a cricket bag :p

3. SAMA-UK

SAMA-UK the Mr Bean of Wado!

It was actually the SP2 - my mistake. All the loveliness, none of the throttle glitchiness of the SP1!

In Castrol Honda racing colours. Most beautiful machine I ever rode, including the fine Italian exotica out there. Although the Ben Bostrum replica Ducati 998 ran it close.

4. f3racer

f3racer Valued Member

per request the new guy is here to tell the motorcycling tale.....

well...i grew up on bikes, being born in daytona bch and raised 45 min from there in orlando it was kinda a no brainer. not to mention the long racing history in my family. my grand father on my dad's side, murray pendleton worked at the daytona int speedway for many yrs. he was the 1st vip pikcup vehicle, the 1st radio announcer, and the 1st abulance driver for the speedway. my grand father on my moms side, jan foster, was a drag racer for pontiac back in the day. my uncle tony, tony foster, owns PCS daytona a ducati / bimota dealership. he also has raced for yrs. was even in an issue of motorcyclist for being the builder of the 1st turbo ducati monster.
    http://www.carolenash.com/insidebikes/bike-reviews/ducati/monster-turbo/
    [​IMG]
    my father raced Florida grand prix riders in the late 70's and early 80's. he did roadracing on a norton commander and flat tracked a cr250 elsinore that was given to him by bill france. my mother also raced flat track on a cr250 elsinore as well.

i got out of the army for 2 yrs and went to the Motorcycle mechanics institute for Hontech and K-tech. My 1s bike was actually my 1st vehicle period. a 1975 honda cb400f that i got when i was 15.
    [​IMG]

throughout the yrs i have owned many bikes. just a few. rd400 daytona, 84 vf750 interceptor, 88 cbr600 hurricane, 94 zx7r,
    98 cbr600f3. it was ugly but the motor was built by full spectrum arcing in orlando to the tune of 108 rwhp
    [​IMG]

i now won and race a 07 cbr600rr. she was my daily rider and show bike in the beginning.
    as she was in a calendar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

including the price of the bike i had over 25grand in her. once i began to prepare for racing i had to start selling the pretty stuff. she now looks like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i started in august of 10 and raced 3 races that season. i placed 4th in my 1st race, 7th in my second and 5th in my 1st. all of them at gateway international raceway in st louis. i was prepping this winter for my next season and actually managed to gain 5 sponsors because of my results and got orders to go to korea. i had to call and cancel my sponsorships. all but one was appreciative of my calls and they told me to call them when i get back and they we redo my sponsorships contracts.

heres my dad at dayton in 08
    [​IMG]
    and me
    [​IMG]
    me and my old man. and yes he's fast. he has a 2000 rc51
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres a couple vids of me. this day a few guys on 1000's were clowing me because i was riding a little 600 and wearing leathers. we were at an old industrial park.at 1:33 if you turn it up you can hear the guy griping cuz i went around him on the outside with my knee down.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKVt7K1KZcY"]YouTube - sundayridemovie.wmv[/ame]

this is my wife recording me and my dad at daytona for the team hammer race school
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKgCKL0AZfA"]YouTube - team hammer 2[/ame]

i am now working on a 73 cb750 k that i found at a farm. this is what she looks like now.
    [​IMG]
    this is what she will look like
    [​IMG]

5. Mitch

Lovely pics fella, thank you! Quite a biking history you've got there :)

I love the Benji's cafe racer stuff; are you going with one of their kits or is that pic just inspiration? Beautiful bike :)

Mitch

6. f3racer

f3racer Valued Member

I'm using benjis stuff. They have a full carbon fiber setup I'm going to use.

7. Mitch

I'd love to hear what the quality's like. I might do a 750 cafe racer with their stuff one day, though a Guzzi appeals too :)

Mitch

8. f3racer

f3racer Valued Member

ill let you know. i have alot of work ahead of me before i get the body done. i love the moto guzzi's

9. Mitch

This one was done for Ewan MacGregor. A bit too clean in these, needs some patina :)

Mitch

Attached Files:

10. f3racer

f3racer Valued Member

not a afn of polished or chrome, i looooooove flat black. this bike looks good but would be gorgeous in flat black or even a gloss black

11. Mitch

If you've heard of John Britten you'll love this. If you haven't, you're about to be introduced to one of the most remarkable men and bikes ever. Sadly he died young and the world of motorcycling misses his vision and talent.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_aNwaodd4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_aNwaodd4[/ame]

MItch

12. f3racer

f3racer Valued Member

That guys a damn legend man. I remember being at daytona as a kid watching nick ienatch spank ass on that thing and then eat it in the chicane. I want to say it was like 94 or 95.

13. Mitch

Some fairly good bike handling skills...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9L5XkPr0A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9L5XkPr0A[/ame]

Mitch :eek:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  14. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

^ CHRIST ALMIGHTY, there is a god

15. f3racer

f3racer Valued Member

definately has skills. notice the big wide motocross bars on that thing? helps with control. from what i heard every motorcyclist in japan has to do a course like that to get their license.

16. Mitch

It's a competition format over there Japanese Gymkhana if you want to do a search on youtube, there are a few vids including a guy doing it on a ZZR1400!

Mitch

17. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

I thought I heard him scrape the pegs a few time. Very skilled indeed!

18. Mitch

There are no words that MAP's sweary filter will allow to describe quite how outrageously gorgeous this bike is.

[​IMG]

Mitch

19. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Not to make you jealous Mitch but my outgoing quartermaster has just been touring europe on his bike:

Attached Files:

20. Mitch

Very nice, I love doing European jaunts on the bike:)

My first test ride on the Speed Triple and Daytona included a chat with a lorry driver who thought my mate and I worked for a bike magazine and a chat with a nice policeman enquiring about whether we had seen two boy racers hooning along the bypass... :D

Mitch