Most Successful MMA fighters from 1990 to 2000

Discussion in 'MMA' started by GojuShotokan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. GojuShotokan

GojuShotokan Valued Member

I also managed to make a short list of what i think are the most successful female mma fighters from 2000 to 2005

Most successful female's in MMA 2000 to 2005
    1) MegumiFuji
    2) Yuka Tsuji
    3) Satoko Shinashi
    4) Ikuma Hoshino
    5) Gina Carano

2. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I'm gonna have to do a little research before i begin to even try to give an answer to that list, man.

3. GojuShotokan

it wasn't easy getting such info as woman's MMA was not common (outside of Japan) back then

4. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Yeah, i did a little digging, looked at some historical stats and stuff, and the list i came up with, albeit with no personal understanding is as follows

1. Ana Michelle Tavares (a Brazilian fighting out of nova uniao, beat Yuka Tsuji in her debut fight.)
    2. Erin Toughill (an American who was formally a pro boxer, racked up a number of wins including a dominant performance in the first smackgirl open weight tournament, where she lost in the finals due to a disqualification over the use of elbows.)
    3. Jennifer Howe (a pioneer of the sport with her first fight in 1998, she was undefeated in her first 12 fights.)
    4. Marloes Coenen (Currently #2 FW in the world (behind Cyborg) began her career in 2000, only lost once prior to 2005. (KO against Erin Toughill)
    5. Yuka Tsuji (Probably the most dominant female fighter in Japan for much of the era, lost only once prior to 2005, getting caught in a triangle armbar by Ana Michelle Tavares.)

But as i have stated previously, i haven't seen any of these fights, and most of this info was pieced together from sherdog and wikipedia.

5. GojuShotokan

That is a very good list, a lot of people over look up and coming and veteran female fighters not just in MMA but in other combat sports to i think

I made another few lists to due with Muay Thai and Kickboxing to

Most successful Muay Thai fighters in MMA
    1) Anderson Silva
    2) Jose Aldo
    3) Muaricio Rua
    4) Wanderlie Silva
    5) Christiane Justino

Most successful Kickboxing and Muay Thai fighters of 1990 to 2000
    1. Buakaw Banchamek
    2. Namsaknoi Yudthagarngamtorn
    3. Jayson Vemor
    4. Sakmongkol Sithchuchok
    5. Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukarn
    6. Rob Kaman
    7. John Wayne Parr
    8. Peter Aerts
    9. Ernesto Hoost
    10. Ramon Dekkers

6. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

LOL!

7. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I really don't know enough to begin to answer your second list, so i can only proceed with the first, which is pretty much the same all for 1.

1. Anderson Silva (A leading candidate for goat, who utilized his clinch amazingly)
    2. Jose Aldo (Has use his Muay Thai skills to pretty much clean house in one of the more competitive divisions in the UFC.)
    3. Mauricio Rua (Although on a decline, spent years as one of the most feared LHW's on the planet.)
    4. Wanderlei Silva (Spent the better part of five years as the most devastating striker in the sport.)
    5. Renan Barao (Although never really considered a knockout artist, he had incredibly good skills, although a little jab heavy.)