Most Powerful Man-portable weapon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by munkiejunkie, Jul 7, 2005.

1. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

What in your opinion is the most powerful man-portable weapon? My money is on the Davy Crockett Nuclear Launcher.

2. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

super aids, it'll kill you in 3 days.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

lol.

you're on the late train mate...

a .44 magnum will do that in seconds and is a whole lot easier to deal with.

4. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Especially if you can do a Clint Eastwood impression :D

I'd go with a hand held nuclear device, or a poisonous thing of some sort, will probably be more damaging than the knuckle dusters :cool:

5. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Pistol? No, shotgun, 12 gauge deer slug is the most powerful man-portable weapon about. The old bore rifles the Brits used in Africa were basically the same concept--e.g. 4 bore rifle.

6. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

7. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Actually the Finns and the Swiss had man-portable 20mm anti-tank rifles. The Russians used 14.5mm ATRs, all bigger than the Barrett (12.7mm).

8. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

:confused:

Distasteful? How so? Got me on this one, Stan. :confused:

9. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Sorry but i think that this thread is a little distasteful on a day such as this, at times like these our sympathies should be with the families of the 30 plus killed and not posting about what weapon is best designed to kill that one person can carry.

Rejoycing in things designed to kill on the day that at least 30 innocent people were killed just going about their daily chores. Killed by "man portable" weapons isn't appropraite in my opinion, some may disagree but that is what makes this forum so strong, the various opinions, this is just mine.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

My feelings on the subject too, Stan :(

11. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Inanimate objects are just that, inert. They have no will. The inert objects need people to wield them. Those people can be good or evil.

The Barbary pirates in London used explosives (most likely PDX I would speculate). PDX is neither good nor evil. It is the people that are intent on destroying Western civilization that are evil.

I'm going to martial arts practice tonight. I'm going to learn how beat to stab, slash, punch, kick, throw and wrestle people. Is it distasteful to discuss martial arts here at MAP now?

Martial arts can protect or they can hurt. It is how one uses them.

Just my 2 pence. I mean no offence or malice. I'm certain the UK is hurting but my discussion of inert objects causes no harm to anyone.

12. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

I'm not trying to diss anyone, or trying to turn this into a debate about what has happened in London, just sometimes a bit of sensitivity is needed in relation to world events, that was all that i was saying.

13. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

A laser Guided Nook (aka: redeemer)

A new-clear missile launcher that can shoot 5 nooks simultaneously :D :yeleyes:

Self Destruct TEDDY BEARS! :D

14. clemsontkd

clemsontkd New Member

hadoken or maybe the dreaded jim-doken (thats me) (and the move is where somebody throws me at the enemy) (bonus points if you know what double fisted monkey style is)

15. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

I think the cell phone can be a formidable weapon when used in the right hands.

It can fight boredom, with a call to a loved one.
    It can fight hunger, with a call to Pizza Hut.
    It can fight crime, with a call to the police.

What else can this massive weapon be used for?

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

It can call-in to activate a bomb....

17. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION BLUDGENING! :eek:

18. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

Every day is a day like this. Just because it happened in London makes it no different than any other of the hundred countries in which events like this occur every week.

19. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'd go for either a shoulder-carried missle launcher. Either an anti-tank rocket or a stinger.

20. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

Here is a website with info about the davy crockett