most effiective speed training techniques

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by dustIn credible, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

One thing about Kenpo that adds a lot of speed to techniques has nothing to do with "muscular speed", but the application of "adds" or "inserts".

For example, your standard ****o-Ryu jab will strike once with the fist before returning to its original position.

However, in Kenpo, the fist connects, then collapses to an inside elbow, strikes with an outside elbow, and strikes with a backfist in one fluid motion.

One extension of the arm, four strikes. Of course, the one strike WILL be stronger than the four "speed adds", but you aren't working on strength.

May you achieve
    Satori

2. matsloth

matsloth New Member

speed

hi
    i posted the speedman link.
    sorry but after purchaseing a series of his videos ,he may be fast but his technique is crap.
    this is not crap in the usuall sense but really crap .
    this goes to prove that speed is a nice comodity but without technique it is useless.
    i am an instructor in epak and k.f.s and it is something i think every instructor comes across , some students get so tied up in in speed and power they lose sight of the real abilitys.
    true! speed is a big factor in kenpo/kempo but sadly ,aint much use without the technique .
    if you don't beleive please borrow (don't buy cos your wasteing your money) a set of jon la tourrette tapes.

cheers
    matt
    www.kenposw.co.uk