Most efficently destructive scene from a movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tai-gip, Sep 15, 2003.

1. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

Personaly i would have to go with Jet Li in Fist of Legend
    at the start of the movie when all the japanese students run into his class and he just tosses them around like raggs...

2. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Yup that movie is rad. So simple and pure when his fighting multiple targets. I love the scene when he fought the japanese head master. Those joint locks and counter is just awsome. Plus theres a lot of philosphy in it too if you can understand it. The translation is all wrong..... I seen the dvd verison of it.:(

3. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Drunken Master 2.
    Fei-Hong (Chan) and the old master in the wooden building. It's the place where Fei-Hong has the big bamboo pole.
    ?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2003
  4. Jim

Jim New Member

Terminator 3 where the crane takes out a whole lot of buildings. Pretty destructive right there...

5. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Ah I though we were talking about MA films...

Well, anything will a big bomb, atomic, hydr'.

Whats that movie with Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weizs? Something about hydrogen/fusion power. Their lab blows up an area of Chicago in the form of a hydrogen bomb. Pretty wasted.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Chain reaction? Isn't it just a hydrogen explosion in that, given that a hydrogen bomb requires nuclear fission rather than nuclear fusion? Of course, that's if I've got the right film.

For most efficiently destuctive I'd have to go with Supernova and the original ending they were planning. The wholescale destruction of the universe seems pretty unbeatable to me.

7. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Yeh, that's it. Chain reaction.

You've got the right one.

8. Cain

Cain New Member

Most destructive?

The deathstar blowing up an entire planet

Chain Reaction

The dream of sarah connor in T2? Or the start of the war in T3

Bruce Lee kicking a$$

Guess that's it...

|Cain|

9. johndoch

johndoch upurs

The gunfight scene at the start of Hard Boiled.

Fair enough there was no SFX like planets gettin blown up, but man, the choreography in the tea room is superb. :woo:

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Good call on Jet Li's schoolroom brawl.

I nominate the scene in "Above the Law" when three men pull up in a car next to Steven Seagal. One of them has a machette, one has baseball bat, and one has a pistol. They announce that they're not going to kill Seagal. They're going to beat the ** out of him, and then kill him. Two seconds later one of them has lost an arm, one of them has a broken arm, and the third punk is running for his life with Seagal chasing after him.

That was highly efficient.

11. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I agree! Theres a few fights in that film that could be rated at most destructive fight scene, the classroom fight, the classic remake of the Bruce Lee taking on the Karate students or the fight with the karate teacher!

12. Cain

Cain New Member

Neo fighting hundreds of Agent Smiths anyone? ;)

|Cain|

13. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I'll always hold a place in my heart for some of the scenes in AKIRA

14. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

No, not me! ;)

I felt it lost the impact of the first, typical sequal stuff......

I prefered the first film much more and that lobby fight scene is damn cool :)

15. The2

The2 New Member

16. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

One that comes to mind would be The Perfect Weapon starring Jeff Speakman. Alot of the fight scenes were brutal effectiveness of kenpo.

And a non martial arts movie would have to be Independence Day(ID4). When the aliens launched their primary weapon and destroyed the cities.

17. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

Thaiboxer2 im with you there he was very good with those short sticks...

18. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Come on, Armageddon where they blow up the meterorite. The power of a few correctly oplaced nukes! :D

Or Titan AE, where the bad aliens blow up the earth!

Col

19. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Actually Star Wars, when they blow up Alderan with the Death Star.

20. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Once Upon A Time in China 2, when Wong Fei Hung (Jet Li) beats the entire White Lotus sect single-handed

Or maybe in Crouching Tiger, when the girl is finished fighting with all those mercenaries, the entire building is falling apart...