most common attack

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ptkali778, Nov 21, 2005.

1. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

hi guys! im just wondering if any of you guys know of a website, an article, report or statistics showing the most common attack and or weapon used in the street. Im just writing a paper/homework based on reports.Thanks guys! :D

2. Simple

Simple New Member

yo

in school fights, all they do is swing swing swing to get the head off. But real fighters dont do that, so yea.

Its common sense man havnt u even seen a real fight? its so quick they arent thinking they just tryini to hit the face hit the face. WHich is a good key advantage for u kno?

3. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

Peyton Quinn in his book, "Bouncer's guide to barroom brawling" says straight punch and hook is used most commonly as the first strike.

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i say it differs from place to place. i've seen fights on the playground that started out with a kick or a swing of a bat or a thown stone...

i guess i haven't seen you fight. over here i've seen people charge in with bats and bottles and bolos draw. i've seen people rush in and shoot then gnp. i've seen people do running jumping kicks...

like i said, i suppose it would depend on a lot of things.

some fight vids for your research

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

In many places it would have to be the huge looping right hook.... more commonly known as the haymaker. :D

Probably a close second would be the double handed shove to the chest. :D

At least those are some of the most common ones I see on video clips around the web and what I've seen first hand in street fights the most.

But this will probably vary by country and age group.

6. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

steps to a big brawl
    1.the double handed push by your opponent.
    2.followed by laying on the scoreres table
    3. next a beer hits you in the face and you go after the 5'10" mouse who did not even throw the beer. (all the while ignoring the 6 10 monster who shoved you).
    4. next attack a stadium full of people. (lost of looping rights)

7. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

so what does a real fighter do then?

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I've heard suggestions that they shoot for the legs and take you to the ground before adopting a mount position and trying for the arm-lock...

Not sure how much I believe it...

:D

9. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

The three I remember hearing from a survey where:

1. Big looping overhand "Sit down and have a cup of tea while you wait for it" right haymaker
    2. Teh uber d34dly headlock and strike the top of the head technique
    3. The BJJ shoot for the legs (Now with new and improved pressure points!) (Allright, it was actually rugby tackle but the point still stands)

I'll try and dig out the article that said this, it was some sort of survey of police officers I think. Personally I would have thought that police officers would start fights in a more trained way than that but there you go.

Actually, on second thought irt was possibly how people tried to start fights with police officers.

10. Desired Effect

Desired Effect New Member

the windmill

11. Playful Giant

Playful Giant Banned Banned

What country do you want to look at. I think it's fair to say each country has different stats.

In England, the knife is the most used weapon for attacks.

I would say from experience that a grab is the most used attack. I have almost always been grabbed round the shoulders/neck and had to get out of that position. Punches (haymakers) are also very common, but they usually end up as a clinch

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Pushes, haymakers, and knives. Those are the things which brawlers in the states tend to use.

13. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

Fair enough. how about North America? Doesnt really matter where. I mean here in Vancouver, BC the most common weapon is machete cause they are easilly accessible even for youth, so the attack i'd imagine is FMA terms would be a Number 1 attack.

thanks

14. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

I would say knife is the most used weapon in England.

15. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Yep. Same over here man.

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Or pint glass/bottle.

17. Simple

Simple New Member

if u take martial arts u would kno

18. [T][K][D]

[T][K][D] Valued Member

a read fighter tends to stay calmer and perhaps use more effective techniques. eg someone goes for a haymaker and the *real fighter jump back kicks into the attackers face (kicks come with the advantage of range but if not used properly the attacker may grap ur leg and then go for the ol' family jewels.) Im not saying real fighters wont panic or get scared at all, just showing the possible differences ^^...and Simple.. obviously ptkali778 doesnt do martial arts.. otherwise he wouldnt b asking

19. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

it says in his profile he does, why do you think he doesn't? To me he seems to be simply asking what you as a real fighter would do.

Oh, b.t.w text speak is against the MAP T.O.S.

20. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

in school fights, all they do is swing swing swing to get the head off. But real fighters dont do that, so yea

You should have gone to my school. Half the people there were trained fighters and the other half were experienced street fighters. (I went to a pretty bad school)
    Sure enough, every day was a learning experience, watching people getting beaten to a pulp.