most amazing technique you've done?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by karate P.belt 2, Dec 24, 2005.

1. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

I mean even surprised you'reself it was so good and I mean anything movement, strike, anything you can think of

the thing that really stands out for me is I was doing some bo sparring with my instructor and he managed to get the bo out of my hands and beside me and got me on my knees and when he came for the strike I rolled right over my bo, picked it up, and struck in one swift movement I was increadibly surprised

one example of how kata can help in sparring I was practicing this in my kata so whats you're story?

2. TraditionalTKD

TraditionalTKD New Member

Did three separate kicking breaks in the air while testing for 4th Dan.

3. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

its not spectacular as such, but I love doing reflex kicks off walls and stuff. And I can do a full split in the air, and do a jump and land in a split.

4. Gray

Gray New Member

Uhm. I don't know. I don't really train very fancy or overly-difficult movements. The most 'flashy' technique I can pull off is a midair Thai roundhouse kick.

Props to the rest of you though.

5. Frogman316

Frogman316 New Member

Snake Palm

I actually was able to break a piece of wood using snake palm. That day I found it was my most powerful strike.

6. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

On a cadet field exercise someone was trying to leg it past me to grab the objective and i grabbed them and kicked their shin and purely without meaning to did a very Aikido style uber throw lol

7. brahman

brahman Banned Banned

i dont know the hardest technique i ever pulled off but the funniest is win some dude try to throw me seoi nage and i simply wrapped my legs around his body, we fell over and i mounted him. he never imagined that i was going to fight the throw

8. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

I'd have to say flying armbar. That was slick.

9. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

I once KO'd a guy by kicking him in the head, thats about the height of elegance for me, oh and I managed to land a back kick. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

a successful scissor takedown into a kneebar was my proudest moment i think.

11. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

I was training with my staff to know how to hit small objects in flying in the air blindfolded. I had hit 3 small rocks about pea sized in a row with a broom stick which was about 2/3 inch staff. I thought during the first time that I hit that rock I won't have been able to do it again. But I was wrong my awareness was in top conditition to react that precise moment. All rocks were thrown at random heights at least 4 meters above. I'm gonna have practice that again. Never did it in a while.

12. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

whats seoi nage? Can you describe it for me?

13. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I learned that move last week. Freaking amazing.

14. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

A few weeks ago I was sparring with my buddy at training, and we were grappling. Once I got on top I submitted him so fast with an armbar, that if I pulled it any harder I would've snapped it. Both he and my teacher were like: "Wow dude, that was executed fast and precise."

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

mine are a lot more humble...

managing to get breakfalls to be instinct (sounds lame, but I *hate* falling)

pulling off the *proper* application of a bowdrawn stance to throw someone twice my size

butterfly kicks (and doing them right the first time out!)

16. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

oh yea, definately a favorite of mine!

17. CQC

CQC Arsenal Gear's A.I

Well, mine was a simple one-just a test on my reflexes.

Once, in my dad's office with my 15 years old brother, i was poking around with him so he tries to poke me back. The moment his finger touches my stomach, the deflection method that i've learnt in my class came out.Only I stepped backwards, rather than stays in the position.

18. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

The greatest technique I've ever done is when one of my friends with a Kickboxing background wanted me to show him "how ninja sparred" so he came charging in, I reached into my pocket threw a bunch of dimes and nickels in his face and followed through with a lame-anyone-could-get-out-of-hip-throw.

-Ryan.

19. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Actually I liked when I did that frontflip (not cartwheel) off the staff, it was pretty nice... I guess :cool:

20. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Your threw CHANGE at him!?!??! :D :eek: HAHAHA
    I'd be so confused i'd just stand there and wait for you to destroy me.