Mornington Crescent 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by m1k3jobs, Jul 24, 2014.

1. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Well gamers it's been awhile so lets kick off another game. The World Cup is over and we can't be without games.

So, since there are many new members here we'll start with the beginners rules. No mimsy or gyring with limited temporal banderwagging.

To make it festive we will all start in Grenadier Guards regalia, bearskin hats a must, with an ample supply of vaseline.

I shall start with Denmark Hill.

Keep the kertuffleing to a minimum please.

Tally Ho!

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If bearskins are on and we're keeping a check on the kertuffles I'll march into Monarchical merryment with Royal Oak.

Mitch

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Not so fast you Mountebank!!! I see your Royal Oak an raise you a Stockwell - with extra Olive as per the "Blakey" gambit

The game's afoot....

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I foresee a stopclock challenge and take a left to Bank, forcing players onto Hatton Cross, unless they are wearing their standard book-whap moleskins.

5. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

For shame Chadderz, for shame.

Here we are trying to play a beginners friendly game, trying to entice others into the Joy of Mornington Crescent and you had to go and mention the "stopclock challenge".

You know of the carnage the last time that challenge was played. The wreckage, the bodies of many a dewy eyed newcomer caught in a maneuver they had no hope of completing. The horror of it all. The dark underbelly of our noble game displayed so brazenly and wantonly.

For shame.

I shall sally forth to Queen's Park to lay a wreath a the tomb of those poor unfortunate souls.

6. Mitch

*shudder* The Stopclock Challange Calamity of 97. Like many others I was caught in the hubris of the Poppleton Foreplay, occasionally almost rising from my Crescenting Chair in the excitement of the Challenge. Almost.

We must guard against such folly and only allow such raucous and dangerous play to take place under carefully controlled conditions, between seasoned professionals, and on no account must kedgeree be present again.

I shall lighten the mood with a quick trip to Kentish Town.

Mitch

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  7. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Since Chadderz has upped the stakes in this game I am invoking the Mayan Misinformation Gambit. All signs and schedules will only be posted in Mayan hieroglyphics. Grab your translation gear and get a move on.

I am off to Burnt Oak or to use the new gambit,

[​IMG]

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Stopclock challenge, Kentish Town and Burnt Oak!

All rather down market for a gentleman of my stature.

One adjusts his cravat, dons the Oxford Brogues and takes a walk to Saville Row from Piccadilly Circus.

9. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I knew it wouldn't be long before one of them upper crust blokes used our fair game for a bit of strutting about.

So then, donning my garb as chimney sweep I shall dance my way, all Mary Poppins like, to Elephant & Castle.

10. Simon

Fair play ice cream, but I see through your brown paper and if you lend me an able and willing I'll be off with the rest of me china plates to a nice all time looser in Whitechapel.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

M**n**t*n C**s***t!!!!

12. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Come on dude, game breaking moves aren't fair on us country bumpkins :p.

As a late comer I invoke the Cthulhu Imperative, polish my turtle and hitch a ride to Burnt Oak thanks to Ice Cream.

13. Simon

He's a nice geezer that ice cream. :D

14. Remi Lessore

Remi Lessore Valued Member

As as someone else entirely new to this I cannot help but wonder,
    World Taekwondo Federation are you all on about!?!?

And where are the rules?

15. Simon

As has been stated we're using beginners rules, so you miss three turns while industrial action on the French side allows you access into the channel tunnel. :D

My time is over in the rub a dub, so if I can make it back to Waitrose in time it's back to the chaps for Pimms o'clock. All meet at canary Wharf.

16. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Remi, I'll keep this easy for you. I am going to counter Simon's move with a simple Scottish Dragoon dismount and march. This allows me to move straight on to Tower Hill. If we had been full on I may have added the Dutch Lowwater Scuffle with a twist to bandersnipe up any counters.

Your turn.

Ah, the bleating distress of the Jabberwockies with the first ker-snip, ker-snip. I love this game.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  17. Mitch

Are mome raths outgrabe in this rubber?

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You keep your mome raths to yourself, this penny-farthing has been swash-buckle jellied!

Besides, we need to play by the Thanksgiving Turkey rules for Remi.

19. Remi Lessore

Remi Lessore Valued Member

So if from Tower Hill the JubJub bird were chased to Mudshute and some how found it's way through the Dogs to the foot tunnel and hence to the Gypsy Moth Father William might balance an eel on the end of his nose all the way back to Brunel's maquette of the channel tunnel?
    And leave the French out of this. Their involvement will be limited getting Interpol to enforce MHA detentions in Tennessee. And that's more work than they've done in years.

20. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Be glad you are a beginner because that would have had you fined and possibly banned. I don't know how to make it clearer. So Don your spangled tutu and sasche down to Angel.

As for me I will whistle for luggage, pack my book of spells and trip the Disc to Forest Hill.