more revolution information/speculation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by geves, Jan 14, 2006.

1. geves

geves Valued Member

HERE

basicly nintendo entertainment issued a patent to the US office and in the link are some of the details.

all of these are possiblities (some might say very good possibilities).
    there's even rumors that nintendo will try to include SEGA games into their backward compatable classic systems. which would basicly make the revolution a emulating BEAST.

all this plus it's rumored to launch at only $150 :cry:

is that love or what :love:

revolution will smoke the opposition if they keep it up with this kind of pace.

- the lovable geves :D

2. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

One rumour I heard said $99 but that's plain wishful thinking.
    I did see an article on IGN though.
    There was talking of Nintendo charging $20 to download an N64 game, but hopefully that was just speculation. Connectivity to the PC sounds interesting... maybe it'll let you store games you've downloaded (the Rev doesn't have a huge amount of storage I've heard) but then that would allow for "piracy".

All will be revealed I guess...

3. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

the more i hear the more i like, and the PS3 is still seemingly buried beneath a shroud of PC rendered FMVs that probably don't represent the PS3 graphics and, to the average joe, meaningless technical specs. I think sony might finally drop back a bit in the next generation market shares, who knows maybe this will be ninty's killer comeback :)

4. geves

geves Valued Member

nah. most of the video game buyers out there. don't even know what's what. they just follow around EA and Rockstar. :cry:

last year the video game industry made over $10 billion.

most people are still going to trust SONY and not even care about other companies. they were all CG videos on the PS3, but no one seems to care.
    they're still unimpressed by the 360. but even developers said there's not really much of a difference in the two systems, with the exception of the blu ray vs. DVD.

SONY will still win. but i think due to the sales of the 360, even though they're not what MS was hoping for (due to shortages). they'll still put a dent in SONYs sales.

Nintendo is the real wildcard in this generation. with a launch price of around $150. which is likely cuz it's not even going to be anywhere near as powerful as the other two systems. but nintendo is known for their high standards of video games. europe loves nintendo and japan LOVES nintendo. america still thinks that it's a "kid" company... hopefully they'll try to incorprate more 3rd party developers with more "mature" rated games to boost sales in the U.S.
    because i really want nintendo to get their lead back.

still they make all of their money in handhelds. so nintendo's safe.

i rambled on there for a moment. :D my point is: most people don't give a crap about anything other than SONY. simply cause SONY buys up every game that comes out.

on a side note: i'm not a fan of paying $20 for an N64 game that i could go buy in a pawn shop for $5. i could probably even buy a 64 for $30. asking $20 for an outdated game is greedy. now if nintendo decides to include online gameplay for classic games (not sure if that's even possible), then i wouldn't care about paying $20 to have a 16 player death match in goldeneye :D

in any case. nintendo even applying for a patent is good news to me. cause it means the revolution is closer :D

5. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

Bear in mind that Sony still aren't as dominant as Nintendo once were.
    Nintendo managed to blow it and Sony managed to steal it.
    It could easily happen again! :)

Oh, and I'd pay £40 for an update of Perfect Dark with Rev graphics, Rev controls and 16 player online play. Shame MS own Rare...

6. geves

geves Valued Member

yeah. i know what you mean. but still SEGA's been around for along time too and look what happened to them. their probelm wasn't exactly marketing either i you recall, their problem was brand loyalty.

i don't think MS owning rare is a bad thing. MS just rushed rare to get perfect dark zero out the door, so the xbox 360 would be something someone with ahlf a brain would want. there's no question about it: MS took their early lead that they thought would switch the tables in their favor and they dropped the ball bigtime.

not sure if nintendo owns the rights to the older RARE games or not. :confused:

7. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

In the late eighties Nintendo owned the market.
    Sega took a bite out of it with the Mega Drive but they never came close to having what Nintendo had.

Nintendo do have the rights to release all the N64's games except for Conker.
    I think Goldeneye is downloadable using the new system.

8. Topher

Topher allo!

Graphics (from NES-N64) will be improved, not totally updated.

9. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

And I don't think they'll be reprogrammed for Nunchaku "pointer" control.
    Online is possible but I really doubt it.
    I was kind of living in cloud cuckoo land when I said that. :)