More Questions about Bajiquan

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Mountain Wizard, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Mountain Wizard

Mountain Wizard New Member

Hi.
    I'm just wondering if there are any Bajiquan practitioners out there who could tell me how practical a system Baji is for self-defense purposes in the modern world. Specifically, are the self-defense aspects of Baji taught early on, or does it take much longer to develop and refine skill in Baji to where it can be used for self-defense?

Thanks.

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

well if u would hav asked this question on cyberkwoon.com u would hav got much favorable results... seems like not much ppl practice baji
    -TkdWarrior-

3. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

lol
    i dont think you guys are gonna see this but anyway

baji's philosophy is to get to the point where u can walk into a fight and win with one hit....so yes it does take a while to get good at it

4. Mengcunman

Mengcunman Valued Member

i started my training with learning 3 elbow strikes.
    And i must say that you could use those 3 very quickly.

The only thing that takes a while to develop is the power generation. You use your hips, body placement, rotating power, drilling power, ....

to combine these elements you need to practise.

Shoulder, elbow and bodychecks go very well after a time.
    the tricky part is to get close enough to do them.

Lately i started with the medium range techniques.
    My new favourite is Xiao Lung. A nice drilling fist.

to answer you question.
    I have practiced several MA's and when the going gets though... I would use my Baji.
    But hey... I am just a freak... :D

5. Buddy

Buddy Valued Member

There are a number of baji players at empty flower

6. SixthFist

SixthFist New Member

Where is this practiced relative in the united states i guess, is it more popular on the east coast or west coast? i can't seem to locate dojo's anywhere i live in cleveland, oh and i KNOW there arent any here but I am moving to California soon and was wondering if there was any out there. Im really interested in this art :)

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Where in California are you moving too there are a TON of Chinese martial art styles so even if you can't find Baji there will be something for you there.

8. SixthFist

SixthFist New Member

Corona (spelling?) outside of L.A. i think

9. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

If you want to train in a little bit of Choy Lay Fut let me know. It is more similar to Pigua Zhang than Baji, but it is a good style.