Moores Shou' Shu'

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Shou Tu, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Yeah, Shifu V is the quiet guy you expect to just errupt. Tiger Shifu is the errupting guy anyway.

2. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Last edited: May 14, 2004
  3. shifu v

shifu v New Member

Hey Mav, thanks for the kind words, thanks to G. Fist too.
    I admire both of your guys zest to learn and become better
    shou shu'ers. Just remember this journey, is a marathon not a sprint.
    I have seen many many people leave in the 7+ years I have been in
    Shou Shu, dont be one of them.

As far as me being quiet, I am definitely quieter in the studio then I
    am in everyday life. There are many reasons for this. Shou shu has been and continues to be one of the most humbling activities I have ever been involved in. Dont get me on the basketball court or football field. I will talk trash and get into your head. In Shou shu, I spend more time listening, watching...showing respect. When I watch the higher ranks I watch their subtle footwork or the movement of their cover hand. I often learn from the lower ranks too, usually why something doesnt work. But make no mistake there is and on/off switch built into us, especially the longer you train. At the school it is off, in demos, in reaction, in tests, on the street it's ON. Thats when the animal comes out.

In additions I do enjoy teaching you guys, especially when I can add the subtle things that will make someones ordinary block or strike, a little nasty. It's very satisfying to pass on the knowledge.

salute

4. Shou Shu Girl

Shou Shu Girl New Member

Hey Everyone,

I know.....long time no hear! :rolleyes: I been busy with school and stuff. Just thought I would drop in and say Hi! Camp was awesome, and the black belt demos were sweet. I got pictures, so when I get them developed I will post some of them. I got my High Purple Belt tonight :) . No more white stripe :D ! There is something about the feel of a solid belt that makes you smile. :p Congratulations to everyone who was promoted over the time that I havent posted. Shifu Tiger, I loved your demo it was awesome! I am thinking of taking a trip down to the Sac school in the next couple of weeks to check it out, seeing as I havent been in any school except Lodi. I might end up changing to the Sac school if I decide to go to Sac City College instead of Delta. Decisions Decisions :confused: ! Well, gotta go now, I have a sleep debt so, Salute!

:Angel:

5. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Has anyone looked at the link i posted to show our system got exposure outside of our minds. LOL

I thought that link was great. showed we got exposure outside the US.

Salute,

6. Guerilla Fists

"The Moores Karate School showed an actual blow to an attacker in a no-holds-barred action which the audience froze."

OMG an actual blow! LOL. There's two pics of mav on that link. Good Shtuff.

7. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Shi Hing SSR-

Thanx for that link. It was nice to see some P.R., especially in a melting pot of martial arts demos.

Shi Han Freier has edited and compiled the Black Belt demos from camp. The speed of some of the stuff is incredible. What is even more interesting, and I don't know if any of you picked up on it, but there were a few take downs & DOWN ON THE GROUND fighting in some of those demos, not your usual "strike & drop" stuff.

YOU SHIFUS ROCK( & ROLL, TOO) !!!!

SALUTE

8. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

sweeeettttttt

9. ElliotG

ElliotG New Member

Shou Shu forums

Salute,

Thank you MAP for providing a place to discuss Shou Shu.

I am a shou shu'er, and have created a forum for Shou Shu discussions.
    Please visit http://www.shoushu.info .

10. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

now we got(BeastApprentice) two places to talk!

Its open to others as well Right?? not just Shou Shu ers??

Last edited: May 16, 2004
  11. shifu tiger

shifu tiger enter my circle of death

shou shu

salute,
    yes camp was badazz! the best camp i have ever had! mooore's shou shu is a family! sometimes i have to just stop and take it all in just for a minute just to actually realize it's really happening! we're all so very lucky, or blessed. teaching is not just teaching, it's also learning from others as well. as i go thru it i see and feel things that i didn't see or feel before, thus reinforcing principles i had or thought i had before. whatever knowledge we have must be passed down... i really dig teaching! giving everything i have! i want my students to become better than me, although i will not stop learning, so good luck catching up! lol! thank you shifu j. varozza for being my dummy, you did a great job! salute to all of my shou shu sisters and brothers

12. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Salute Shifu,

Attending my first ever camp was total adrenaline. I had just tested and gotten my Blue the week before, so when I got into the Green material group, I was overwhelmed cuz I had not done nor seen any of the Green matereial before. You picked up on that and even though you were stern & serious (with a smile) , you also gave me support and encouragment and kept me motivated. I really was disappointed when you rotated out to another group. Not to say that the other Shifus were not helpful, you just had a way about you that kept my old azz moving and when I did something wrong, you told me to loosen up, no big deal and helped me with your complete attention, while at the same time working with and helping others in the group.

I know by this point it sounds like total brown nozin, but you really made an impact on me that day and I want to thank you (and all the other Shifus) again (and again, and again)! You yourself showed that you do care about how you can help your students simply by your approach and dedication. I noticed that there is quite a bit of that in our Shou Shu family and that's why
    it makes it so much more worthwhile to study our art when you know you are
    just not going thru the motions, but sharing a Shou Shu education.

Salute

13. Sidefist

Sidefist New Member

I've only been on martialartsplanet for a few minutes, and I already see the anamosity towards shou shu practitioners. Some people are just stupid and ignorant. They take lessons in styles that are young. Shou Shu has been around for a very long time. They don't realize that I guess. I don't see what's so hard about taking out 7 or 8 guys. I took out 3 guys in about a second and a half. The third guy was too scared to move. If there were 4 more people, I would have had the fight done in less than 5 seconds... How is that so hard to grasp?

14. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Wow what a hero.

"Some people are just stupid and ignorant."

Is this directed at me as if its directed to anyone on map as it seems to be then well done that is stupid and ignorant - try making your first post a positive one and welcome to map!

15. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Well you 'Took me Out', by making me fall off my chair with hysterical laughter at the utter niavete of your post.

But all power to you, if you believe that Hand wafting, line dancing as combat and jigging about doing the 'Seven deadly Cocktail sticks' Kata is Real...

Was this incident on The Playstation or the XBox and do I take out three with YBXA?

Can I get a 'Waaataaaahhhh!'?

Literally ROFLMAO... :Angel:

16. Ninestep

Ninestep grumpy old man

"But all power to you, if you believe that Hand wafting, line dancing as combat and jigging about doing the 'Seven deadly Cocktail sticks' Kata is Real..."

No no no, surely you can't be suggesting that these Shoushouists can't destroy many opponents in nanoseconds? Surely not. You, shatterer of the illusion of integrity, you.

The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires is still real though isn't it?

17. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I dont think Sidefist is a Shoushuist (though you never know), but he certainly is a funny guy...

18. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

I think that we are getting old Ninestep. I find my tolerance levels going up the Wazoo, when it comes to this sort of stuff. Crank up the Bar-B-Q.

Did I tell you that I Took Out Ten guys with my Jalfrezi transitioned into Vindaloo special???

Personally I like Line dancing as Combat, if they've got those nice cowboy outfits on, or if they have a nice line in Fancy Pajamas.

Will somebody notify the T**g F* lot now, or will we wait until we see the Whites of Their Eyes????

Yours, in Utter desparing disbelief.

19. Guerilla Fists

What injuries did you suffer? Why did the fight start?

20. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Sidefist-

Welcome to MAP. Your opinion is an entitlement, however the subject that you have posted is an old, beat up topic that has already been put to rest.
    Do you study Shou Shu? You should introduce yourself and let us know about your training. I do not disagree with you, only the way in which you conveyed your opinion on your very 1st post. There is anamosity on many threads on MAP. Most of the Shou Shu "ripple" has settled down and we do not want to start anew with the same old "Bonfire of the Vanities" engagement.

Any experienced and savvy fighter has the knowledge and the skills to take on at least 3-4 attackers....no problem. It does get unrealistic when a person claims that they can take on 5-10 attackers, unless of course that individual has actually accomplished this.

WHAT IS NOT UNREALISTIC (is everyone paying attention?) Is to train the mind and the body to develop the skills and strategies to be able to deal with multiple attacker (spontaneous) scenarios with the confidence and destructive offensive and defensive survival instincts, reflexes and techniques (AND BODY WEAPONS) that may certainly allow you to "adapt" and maybe even be the victor if such a situation arose. I am sure there are many seasoned (well seasoned) Black Belts (in any style) that don't have over inflated egos, but have developed the fortitude and confidence to be in control of a random mass attack that would have more than 4 attackers.

At only a High Blue Belt, I would be confident with the 2-3 attacker scenario. I had been in this scenario (I discussed this in an ancient post) even before I had any MA training (several times). Yeah, I know for a fact at this stage of my training that anything more than that would be mythic (for myself), but I have seen some stuff from the higher ranks (Shou Shu) that would allow me to believe that at some point, if you had to take on more than 4 attackers, you could actually "attempt" to do so with the advanced knowledge and fortitude that has been tediously developed as you get seasoned.

Okay, here is the reality check: What if the multiple attackers are all Black Belts themselves? No way, you're gonna get killed. What if they are just a bunch of punks or thugs with no MA experience? Well as a MA you have the advantage (don't you? if not what the heck are you training for????)

Salute (And by the way SIDEFIST the responses you got to your post is only because of the manner in which you conveyed your opinion) And remember, we post to share information, not to make claims or bash or flame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.