Moores Shou' Shu'

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Shou Tu, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

just go to photos up top and there should be two on the front page

2. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Well, just got back home tonite (Sunday). Spent the day in Yosemite Valley realaxing and trying to unscramble my brains. CAMP WAS AWESOME!!! This being my very 1st camp, could not believe the turn out of devotees and how well organized this event was.

I just want to thank Da Shifu AL Moore II, Da Shifu Ralph Moore, Shihan(s), Shun Shifus and all the Shifus for their dedication and involvement in helping me, my son and all the hundreds of students that showed up, improve our skills, sharpen our attentiveness and learn some new matreial. Man, never having done any of the Green material before, introducing me to the Crane, Cobra , and a little bit of the Mantis & Mongoose. Shun Shifu Reiswig ( the day went by too fast , you made our group session so enjoyable). Shifu Bouey, Shifu Mills and Shifu Wells in particular, THANK YOU!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT TO GET INTO THE STUDIO THIS WEEK. Hopefully I'll be able to recall everything that we covered. It was mind boggling!!

Demos were great. I have seen for myself, from numerous Shifus, the rapid fire striking speed that we are always talking about. The blood was impressive too. To the Shifu that required first aid, that was my wife who patched you up. Hope you didn't require stitches. Man, you were bleeding like a stuck pig and you still went on with your demo, unphased, now that's discipline. The female Shifus put on a great demo too, they are just as lethal as the guys. It was all so educational, impressive and entertaining.

I also got the opportunity to meet a few of my MAP friends. Shifu Tiger-thank you for all your help, I wish you could have stayed with our group all day!! It was a pleasure to meet you and I thought your demo was GRRRRREAT!!

Black Armor & Goriilla Fists- nice to have met you Shi Hings!! Black Armor's "toos are incredible, the detail and the color work look like ancient Japanese scrim shaw.

Andy & Yoda- Thank you & MAP for allowing serious martial artists to interact, share knowledge & friiendship and even bring Shou Shou brothers & sisters closer together.

To those of you who missed camp, we were not thinking of you. Sorry. We were all having too good of a time. I cannot wait until the next one!!

May The Beasts Be With You.

3. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Thanks, man.

4. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Three Sky, were you the blue belt with the mustache that came over to the Sac school's shade area and talked with Black Armor? If so, I didn't really get to meet you, but it was nice to sort of meet you. Perhaps next time we can actually meet, when the next camp comes to us in July.

And, for your info, I was the red belt with the brown hair, brown eyes, skinny, short, wearing a plain black t-shirt with kung fu gi pants. LOL. Like that narrows it down...

5. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

No problem, im going through some more, alot of them my wife just went shutter happy on.

We all know when that happens that there is only 1/3 of the roll is worth looking at.

Salute,

6. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Hi Mav (Salute , Shi Hing),

Yeah, that was me. Sorry we did not get introduced. I managed to hunt down Black Armor (thanx to Shi Han) and I was able to meet a few of you.
    There were so many people there and such little time to do anything but get a drink of water & take a whiz. You must have been in the Green material group? Wasn't Shun Shifu Reiswig great? Wasn't that Cobra & Crane material the start of some incredible body motion? I'll tell you what, when we got down to the bank of the pond and had to do Attacking The Hun on all those rocks, I thought I was going to crack open my knee cap. I had been babying a bum knee for weeks, just so that I would be able to do camp. I'm just glad that was one of the next to last techs we were working on.

We'll all plan it better for next camp or Animal Seminar so that we can all pat each other on the back, "cause we all deserve it!

Salute
    MTBBWY

7. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Three Sky,
    Guess it's not worth mentioning you met shifu tiger and myself too? I'm just kidding.
    If anyone else was there I was the guy who wrote "Guerilla Fists" on his forearms. I did when I was driving up with Geisha Girl and almost wrote "Girly Fists" when we hit a bump. Come to think of it, no one has used that as a flame against me...yet.
    Train Hard,
    GF

8. Geisha Girl

Geisha Girl New Member

Camp was so flippin rad!!! I tried to remember the moves and practice on Mother's day..that was hard but I squeezed in what I could. I can't wait until tonight! Review time! I am still beat from camp and still feeling it in my legs and bum. Awesome!!! I can't wait until next camp....Demo's ...um excuse I dropped my jaw lemme pick that up...The female Shifu's really rocked all the Shifu's rocked! Thank you everyone for making camp so awesome it was everyone there that made camp awesome the energy from everyone there was like fuel!
    Yeah I told you riding with me GF could be a hazard ROR you almost became Girley Fist....Maybe next camp we should wear name tags ROR that way you can just get a fresh one if you should hit a bump..ROR

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  9. Black Armor

Black Armor I want your centerline!

each time I saw Geisha Girl, she was glowing and smiling from ear to ear.. i was really happy to see the lower ranks attend the camp.. I remember my 1st camp was soo awesome.. the new people.. the connection, it will be great when it moves to 2 days again.. the nighttime gatherings are the best.

It was a pleasure to meet Three Sky, I'm always so happy at the vibe I get from people I meet that take Shou Shu.. so humble and respectful.

The camp was great.. since its only 1day right now.. I wish we'd start alot earlier like 7am or something.. the day flies right by....

all of the vending merchandise was very nice.. the picture frames with our sign on it was very impressive.

I was really digging the positive vibes I was getting from all the black belts regarding me being a prep.. they all were very aware of my name and where I was from.. there were only like 9 of us compared to the other groups of at least 30..
    The assistant from the Turlock school has an un-real energy.

The Shifu that taught us majority of the camp is a deputy sheriff and has these insane nerve shots he can hit in the bicep area, jaw hinge, neck, and wrist.. drop you to your knees instantly.. he's been training in shou shu for 15yrs and is a 3rd degree... his flow was un-real..

10. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Hey Shi Hing- It was certainly worth mentioning!! Re-read my 2nd to last post. Camp was so awesome, but I would have felt "incomplete" if I could not have met some of my MAP Shou Shu friends before I left. Shifu Tiger was very helpful, a real genuine person and an excellent Shifu. He spent alot of time with me and had great patience & compassion to help me correct my mistakes (and there were many). I really enjoyed hos feline prowess.

I just got back from the Clovis studio and got to see the demos on video. RADICAL!! I stand corrected on the bleeder. I thought he was a Black belt, but I now can see he was a Green. You bled well my brother!! Hope my wife's 1st aid spared you some stitches (doubt it!)

Wish I could have met Maverick & Geisha Girl. So many people, so much material, so little time.

I noticed Blackk Armor's comments about the 3rd Degree Shifu. He's another one (of many) of my favorite intructors from the Clovis studio. He's just about ready for Shun Shifu at the new Fresno studio. He always has some really good "stuff" that he provides technique wise.

The Moore's tradition has really developed some outstanding people, from the Shifus down to the lower ranks. Great people. And that was evident on Saturday.Talk about one big family!

Salute

MTBBWY

11. animalguy

animalguy Valued Member

his name is shifu hammon or in a week or so shun shifu hammon. did anyone meet his significant other, shifu celeste sharpe. a little asian shifu with short brown hair. she was the youngest first degree black belt in shou shu and still is the youngest third degree in shou shu. i think she's been around since she was four years old (now twenty).

cudos to all demo participants, they just keep getting better and better.

12. shifu tiger

shifu tiger enter my circle of death

shou shu camp

i really appreciate the compliment 3sky, i teach how i would like to be taught, i also put myself in the students place. i would want my teacher to give me their all when teaching me so that is how i teach as well. camp was awesome, allthe shun shifu's were awesome, the shihan's, can't say enough good things about them! i think this was my best camp ever and the best demo ever! salute

13. shoushuer

shoushuer Banned Banned

THREE SKY, do you mean the new school on blackstone

14. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Shun Shifu Celeste is way cool! She was helping Shun Shifu Valedello (sp?) with the red belts. At first, she thought me and my training partner were just trying to destroy each other for no reason without learning anything, but once she found out we were just trying to find it, she gave us some completely awesome details (especially in fighting set one, specifically the transition from softhand punch to chop), and my training partner and I brutalized each other using them. Thank you Shun Shifu Celeste, wherever you are!

Shun Shifu Hammond is also completely awesome. I remember him during the animal seminar completely destroying and then rebuilding my technique in the clawing panther with amazing results along with Shun Shifu Reiswig. Those are two BIG dudes who can move like they weigh as much as a feather, but I bet they can hit like they're made of a small office building.

15. Black Armor

Black Armor I want your centerline!

small office bldg.. I like that comment..
    It was funny because Shun Shifu Hammond kept saying that he wasn't that big compared to me... I kept laughing because he's a big mofo... can you imagine how hard that guy can hit.. Shifu Tiger weighs about 185Lb, he hits like a hammer.. Shifu Tahara hits like a lil mack truck.. imagine what a dude his size will hit like with 15yrs of Shou Shu training in him... he has to weigh same as me... 250Lb's...
    I'm gonna have to take that small office bldg comment.. for my own arsenal of lingo!

16. shifu tiger

shifu tiger enter my circle of death

shou shu camp

salute,
    i got to work on my mongoose with the other tigers, shifu degras and shifu staup were there teaching us. shifu degras hit me with a mongoose heel palm and knocked me stupid with it! keeping in mind his hand was only about 3 inches from my face, also shihan siegfried hit me in the jaw that rocked me too. the timing has to be perfect, so the bigger the shifu is of course the harder they will hit. so in my case i am not a big man, 5'7 185 so my shou shu timing has to be perfect. that was a great camp! not only did i have a blast teaching but i also learned alot from shun shifu reiswig just watching and listining to his details. salute

17. shoushuer

shoushuer Banned Banned

Shifu Degras, hes a really cool guy. i remember him showing me some white crane where he would stand on one leg facing me, i had booth feet on the ground, our hands on each others shoulders, and i would try and knock him over. never could, i thought it was pretty cool. bigolgrin.

18. shifu v

shifu v New Member

shou shu camp

Salute

I can attest to Shifu Tiger's strikes, my ribs are still sore from the BB demo.
    It felt like I was going into a meat grinder, but it's good to get smacked around a little. It's amazing the distruction in these demos and were only going at about 50% speed/power. I nearly broke my partners ribs and I pulled the punch considerably.

The demos do seem to be getting better, personally I like the less scripted stuff.

19. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Shifu V, I in turn can attest to the fact that you are an ultimate badass. You're always kinda quiet in the studio, and I've always respected that of you, because you are very humble. But I always had a thought in my mind that I would love to watch you jack somebody up seeing as the details you've given me are always enlightening, to say the very least.

Well, in the black belt demos, I got my wish. You moved like lightning, it was sweet!

20. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Im the ultimate bad ass hey wait the b button stopped working, hey who unplugged my controller. grrrrrrr LOL Kidding guys Salute to the Shifus and fellow Shou Shu'ers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.