Moores Shou' Shu'

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Shou Tu, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifu tiger

shifu tiger enter my circle of death

shou shu blackbelt

always remember the goal is always to become a shifu. brown flow is about to fulfill what is i'm sure a dream of his. i know it was for me. i can remember when i was a white belt dreaming of becoming a 2nd degree. we're all proud of you brown flow! salute

2. Black Armor

Black Armor I want your centerline!

My goal is to become a shifu, but my dream is to be studying shou shu all into my senior years watching my children come up the ranks along side of me.
    I can't wait till my little one turns around...... not sure what age... but i can't wait for her to pick up on it.. at the earliest I'll attempt to start her is at 3.5yrs old.. getting her into horse stances and such... but by 5yrs old.. she'll be running kids groups! ha,ha,ha

3. bprep03

bprep03 New Member

Congratulations! Brown Flow on your new BLACK PREP BELT!!!!! Now let's go into the school and train for Black Belts....

4. Geisha Girl

Geisha Girl New Member

Man B-flo your little one will be awesome!! Mom and Dad and big sis and big bro too!!!! Now I think I would call her pure Shou Shu....it's great that the whole family trains. Yeah I want to work hard and one day be a Shifu too.... you are so close B-flo OMG!!!!!!

5. Black Armor

why don't some of us check out the thread called: to attack 1st or wait.. some good stuff...

6. Black Armor

oh- and thank you Geisha girl,... you are progressing quite well yourself.. I have big props for your fighting spirit..

7. Indestructible

Indestructible New Member

check out this drill.http://www.cyberkwoon.com/forum/viewtopic/11450.html

8. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Wow, I just checked out that "Dot" drill that Indy brought to our attention. I can't even think about it without getting exhausted, especially after last nites group. Shihan had us preparing for a drill that Dashifu has put together so that stance, posture, balance, hip positioning and power are all "in sync". I guess some of you up North have already been doing these excercises from some recent posts about how sore some of you were after some revised horse stance training. We did not do the drill yet, but the upward tilting of the pelvis, tucking in the "glutes" and keeping the back straight let me discover muscle groups I did not even know I had. These excercises actually "woke up" my hips to at least let me know that they are there and that I will (someday) be using them in the proper manner.

The climax of the evening was that I also tested for my BLUE. It was intense and gratifying (of course, I passed) and although something like this can be overshadowed by say, Brown Flow's awesome accomplishment (congrats BF!) getting my BLUE is quite an achievement for an "old" guy like me. I consider myself quite fortunate to be able to be attending a Moore's school that has a wonderful cast of "characters" (Shihan & all the Shifus). They inspire, motivate and get your butt moving in the right direction when you need it the most. My gratitude and appreciation is reflected in the pride in my accomplishments, same for my 11 year old son who just got his PURPLE last week.

Needless to say, I'm hurting big time today, but it actually hurts so good!

Anyhow, can't wait to go to camp this week and start learning the GREEN!
    Hope to meet & schmooze with some of you up there. I would really like to meet Animal Guy (come out , come out , wherever you are!) he is still on my list of "unidentifiable" most intriguing people that I would like to personally meet. Of course I have to respect his anonymity (sp?), that's what adds to the intrigue of his personna.

Peace and MAY THE BEASTS BE WITH YOU.

9. Black Armor

Three Sky,... big congrats to you and your son... no matter what rank you earn.. its never an overshadow to the next... each rank is hard regardless whether its orange or brown... our bodies are learning each step... and as any good martial artist knows.. each step is hard as the next... if it wasn't.. everyone would be kung-fu fighting!!! ha,ha,ha.. couldn't resist!
    I look forward to meeting you at camp Three Sky... maybe all of us that are going can state so on the forum and we can make a check list of who we meet and don't.

10. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Thank You Shi Hing- words of wisdom indeed. You are on your way to becoming a good Shifu. You are right about each and every rank I too have discovered....you learn it, burn thru it, & earn it.

This will be my 1st camp so I am really excited to be attending a function that will bring so many of us together. I have not even seen any of the Green material yet. I cannot wait for the Black Belt demos. It will be an honor to be part of a gathering that is part of the continuing tradition and legacy of the Moore's Shou Shu teachings and history.

MTBBWY

11. Seeker

Seeker New Member

Congrats BF and TS.

I managed to get my work scedule changed so I will be at the camp Saturday. Just check weather.com looks like partly cloudy at 76 deg; if the forcast holds it should be a perfect day.

12. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

13. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Started on the new two man "muscle memory" drill last nite. Actually got my right hip to "unlock" and was really able to feel the difference. Still not getting anything out of my left side, but now that I can comprehend the mechanics of these drills and excercises, I know that I'll be able to develop better motion and power from the "root" of my base on both sides now. What I did realize is that you need to go slow, even when "exploding". The more focus, the better the mechanics, which I guess is true with just about anything we are learning. Focus, along with repitition.

Starting to practice all my material on the opposite side, time to wake up that side of my brain (ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz) to make it all happen.

I am anxious to participate in our gathering tomorrow. See (some of you) there!

Salute-MTBBWY

Last edited: May 7, 2004
  14. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Three Sky and Brown Flow,

CONGRATS to you both on you achievements. Just got back from Training and im lost here now. I got to get back to the studio for training im feeling sluggish.

Im still a little ****ed that i wont be able to make it to the camp tomorrow, but i found that i may not be mobilizing with my unit because of logistical commitments the state has while they are gone. This will be awesome if i dont have to mobilize.

Salute to all and a Salute - Handshake to TS and BF.

Shi-Hing

15. THREE SKY

THREE SKY Valued Member

Welcome back Shi-Hing,

Salute & Handshake back at ya. Sorry you'll be missing out on tomorrows action. I'm sure we will all fill you in on what you missed out on.

Salute

16. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Ill be crying in my beer for my missing the event.

Salute to all and good luck at camp. I wish i didnt have to be at training for work tomorrow.

BRING LOTS OF WATER AND DRINK WATER EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. IT GETS HOT UP IN THEM THER' HILLS.

Salute,

Shi-Hing B

17. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

posted pics in my gallery from group and one of sparring. Salute,

18. Seeker

Seeker New Member

Camp was awesome, Shifu King seems to really know his stuff. My brain was totally fried by the end of the day not to mention my body. The demo's seemed cooler than usually, maby its just because it's been so long since I've seen one or maby it was the blood.

On another note I was talking with Da Shifu Ralph about not having shou shu during my stay in Montana. He told me that there is a shifu that started a school in Libby a few years ago. Libby is in the northeast portion of Montana.

19. Battle Sword

Battle Sword Valued Member

moores shou shu

Camp was an incredible experience for me!!! I never drank so much water in one day!!!
    Really awesome!!!

20. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Dude, how do I get to your gallery, I wanna see the pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.