Moores Shou' Shu'

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Shou Tu, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Armor

Black Armor I want your centerline!

I apologize Aegis... this question came up before with some really stupid comments...
    I hadn't had my cup of chi yet...

Last night alot of us attended a seminar held by the grandmaster of our art, it was some very mind-blowing material that we got turned on to.. but what makes it so mindblowing is the topics and material we went over..
    It was the basic horse stance, balance and hips....
    Really lets us know that any of us that haven't studied for at least 6yrs, really don't as much as we think we know...
    I'm not good at explaining stuff like this in detail so I won't...
    But I just wanted to touch on how I think I'm pretty proficient in Shou Shu being that i'm a brown belt.. been studying heavily and steadily for 3+ years.. but really am not even scratching the surface of what lies beyond in my future.

2. shifu tiger

shifu tiger enter my circle of death

shou shu what else?

salute,
    da shifu's seminar was badazz!!!!! not only did we get as much if not more out of it but as shifu's we got to talk with da shifu after the seminar for well over an hour. hey mav, brown flow, 8foldpath you guys better be going to camp! i wouldn't miss it for the world! i remember back to my first camp when i saw my first blackbelt demo i was instantly hooked, from that moment on my goal was to be a shifu, and now 14 years later i am a 2nd degree, it's unbelievable! set your goals high and bust your butts to get there. salute to all of my shou shu brothers and sisters.

3. Geisha Girl

Geisha Girl New Member

Salute

Man that was something last night!! I was ticked off at myself for blanking on my white belt moves so I went home and did them just fine no blanking! I worked on my horse ... man it's hard to break that butt....I caught myself putting it out and kept fighting it..there is so much I need to work on. I worked on kicks with chairs until 1 am before I looked at the clock.I have some bad habbits to break ,swinging ,lifting on my supporting leg,not high enough,butt out....
    That was great last night and having Da Shafu there working with all of us was great he is such a nice a guy I don't know why I got so nervous!!I need to work on keeping that tush tucked and getting those knees over my ankles.

4. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Because we're wierd and do things different just for the heck of it.

O man I know! My abs are so sore right now. We didn't do crunches or sit ups or anything. I can feel my offensive warrior just flow out of me.

Fight my friends, we'll see, they were just visiting on the weekend, but my roommate has been known to grow a pair every now and then. He picked another fight with me last night after drinking hella JD and Bacardi (not my favorite mix but whatever). It was like Irish Boxing, the apartment was so small and we just traded like Rock Em Sock Em robots. I still owned him, but I didn't get to dance around him. At one point I knocked him on his knees and put six cobra strikes on his temples and finished with a cobra punch on the forehead to a soft bow since he was so far beneath me.

Shifu Tiger,
    Of course we'll be there. I got the three Spanish Speaker's to sign up too. Maybe we'll car pool. You know we'll be listening to Salsa and drinking Tequila on the way up because that's what we do. We might stop by Tijuana on the way home, back home to Mexico, who knows? LOL I'm just kidding.

Geisha Girl,
    Don't worry about last night. It's not a big deal. It happens to everyone. I'm sure you'll perform just fine next time. Don't let it get you down, you're still a shou shuer.

SaluT,
    Guerilla Fists

5. Indestructible

Indestructible New Member

Shou Shu versus....

http://www.cungle.com/news_archive.htm

19 June 2002
    The Cung Le's Martial Arts Training Center is planning to host an exhibition bout, right here in San Jose, between the UsH! Fighters and the students of Moores Shou Shu Karate Studio, from Modesto, CA. Additional information, including ticket prices and scheduled fights, will be made available.

Did anyone ever hear about the results of this fight?

6. Black Armor

I remember being told a story about this a few years ago.. the teacher at Cung Le's thought he would boost his business beginnings if he challenged a more known school in that area.. Dashifu senior sent a Brown belt to fight this guy or the best student of that school...
    the guy got worked by our brown belt and the Cung Le school soon went out of business because of the defeat and public humility he later faced.

7. Black Armor

8. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

I'm definately going to camp, Shifu Tiger. Without a doubt in my mind, I'll bust my butt day in and day out.

Guerilla Fists...Hell yes, close-quarters combat, and you still worked him! And, I agree, that's a weird mix he chose there...hrm.

It was awesome. In every movement I made today, I tried to be aware of where every piece of me was. I asked myself constant questions: are my abdominals strong? Are my hips cork-screwed? Is my butt in?

Was standing in a line at the grocery store. Someone bumped into me. I didn't move. Their remark, "Man, running into you is like running into a tree."

This was no midget saying this. Da Shifu is amazing.

9. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Remember how I invited you to hxcore shows? People run full blast, big dudes, and stop when they hit me and I go to hardbow. It's like a wall.

10. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Sweetness. Hard bow ain't no joke, dude.

11. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

the School that was suppose to participate in that event was run by Shun Shifu Clark. I dont think it ever took place, since i have asked several and noone can say if it happened or not.

Back to ARRRRRRRRMYYYYY Trainingggggggggg Sirrrrrrrrrrrrr. <-------- name that movie.

Salute,

12. Black Armor

well I remember being at camp being told the story.. I want to say Dashifu told us the story... but I don't quite remember... But tonight i have to drive to Turlock to see Dashifu. I'm going to attend and help out with a seminar he's giving and then I'll be tested for my black prep belt. I don't look forward to the drive.. but it will be great to work next to him again and i've been training every single day prepping for this test.

13. Black Armor

got lost in the moment.. tonight i'll be sure to ask about him personally if the fight ever took place.
    Has he ever shared the fight he had when he was 18yrs old and he fought the world champion? I don't exactly know what tournament he was in.. but its a great story.

14. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Did you earn your prep belt tonight, brownflow?

15. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Morning Training

I like to train in the morning, and I could always use some suggestions.

I have about an hour to train. So far, what I do is first exercise (pull-ups til I can't move, reverse grip pull-ups til I can't move, behind-the-neck pull-ups til I can't move, bar dips til I can't move, push-ups til I can't move, then diamond push-ups til I can't move), and then the kata. But, I am looking for something more like a series of drills that will wake up my body and capitalize upon muscle memory in addition to my current routine.

Any suggestions, especially from high ranks, like browns and Shifus, would be totally appreciated.

Thanks, guys.

Salute.

16. shoushuer

shoushuer Banned Banned

id like to hear it

17. Black Armor

Hey Maverick... Yes, I earned my black prep belt! I was really happy on my performance. It was really hard and demanding on my heavy frame.. but another guy tested with me and he was alot smaller than me.. he was almost done too... so in essence.. it was a hard azz test.
    Dashifu told me that he was very happy with my movement and that I was on my way... he was also really happy to see my children and wife in the group class.. I really like the way alot of shifus and browns come up to my son and give him his props on his movement and discipline during seminars and group classes... he gets so intimidated by them but is always really courteous when they credit him. They always ask him who he is there with and he looks over at me and points... they just laugh and say.. " oh, thats your daddy... I can tell he trains you hard" The Turlock school has an awesome facility... various punching bags large and small.. bob dummies and alot of space.

In the mix of all that was happening.... I didn't have the opportunity to ask about the fight that did or did not occur... i'm sure one of us will ask him at the camp we are attending this coming saturday.... and get back to the forum.

I want to thank M.A.P for this site in allowing me the opp to share my recent experience.

18. shifu tiger

shifu tiger enter my circle of death

shou shu

congradulations to brown flow for passing his black prep test! salute

19. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Congratulations are in order, Brownflow. Not like there was any room for doubt, though.

20. Geisha Girl

Geisha Girl New Member

Way to go B-flo!!!! We all knew you would do it!! Awesome!! Soon you'll have to change your name from Brown Flow to Black Flow. Congratulations!!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.