Mongolian Wrestling

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Mushroom, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Hong Kong has a series similar to Fight Quest, where 3 martial artists travel around Asia trying out different MAs.

They touch on the big names like WC, Wudan Shaolin etc but its also great to see Mongolian Wrestling as well.

Enjoy. The program is in Cantonese but with Eng subs and legality wise, this was shown on public Hong Kong TV so I think its cool... (if not I'll take it down) but definately educational for all of us on MAP.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPqE3JzGTEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]KUNG FU QUEST 2 - Mongolian wrestling ep 2 - YouTube[/ame]

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I recall visiting relatives (wifey's) in Hong Kong and Guangzhou. The harsh tones of Cantonese filled the air as did the scent of different foods.

An assault on the senses, a great place for martial arts but I didn't know Mongolian wrestling to be a popular thing in that area of China.

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Thanks for posting dude, I've always been a fan of mongolian wrestling. Will watch it when I've woken up a bit more :)