Monasteries

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Reii, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Reii

Reii New Member

Does anyone know of any monasteries , anywhere, which teach of demon wards, chi training, and can give a good, rigorous lifestyle so strength can be built, yet takes recruits willingly, even if they have no money to give. (If you know of any place which shows what I'm looking for but charges cash, it's ok to mention it, too. I need to learn my options in this.)
    In terms of countries this could be located in, well, you tell me.

Any awnser is much appreciated.

Thank you, to anyone who has given notice to this.

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I personally don't think such things exist...

What religion did you have in mind (being a monastery and all)? What martial art were you hoping to study?

A better course of action may be to try out the local schools and see if any fit you...

Good luck

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Only in Hollywood mate.

4. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

this is unrealistic my friend, if you want to learn chi kung then enrol in a class and or join another MA school.

Good luck! :)

5. RobP

RobP Valued Member

Have you tried the Benedictines or Dominicans? Maybe the Cistercians (are they the ones with the vow of silence?)

6. HearWa

HearWa Ow, that hurt...

Yeah, that does sound pretty specific. Why do you want to join a monastary so bad? Have you just discovered Buddhism or something? Alot of people feel the desire to run off and be a Budhist monk when they first discover it. This is largely due to some romantisized concept they've got in their heads. I wanted to do it too.

But just give yourself some time; no need to do anything crazy.

7. Reii

Reii New Member

Thank you everyone. Sorry for the late reply. I do some tae kwon doe , my teacher also taught me to a 3rd dan level some energy healer, wood sword, and at the start she was to the teacher level druid hierophant. In the end, I guess I wanted to learn some references to shoki demon queller because I have a phra ngan from Singapore. I am still kinda new to things, but I understand simple basics to the amulet like signatures and stuff (a million bucks for a swordsmith to put a dragon on a sword, which is novice) but yeah. I guess I wanted to learn chi kung for energy focal expulsion. I started mundane, wrestling kids in my middle school in 6th grade because of shawn michaels or some glorification like that, but it was never serious (no measurements, stances, postures), but yeah, I just relax and meditate mostly (shoulder width, forward, retract). Thank you, I summed up as best as I can more or less the first 33 years of my life. I am 34 now. Thanks again!

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Holy necro Batman! Welcome back I guess!

9. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

After a bit 0f research and you need to look for something based in reality not fiction

Demon words is from Demon cycle, which is a series of books by Peter V. Brett

It is Fiction, therefore there is no monastery anywhere teaching Demon wards

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Reii

Reii New Member

Thank you. I am a little wiser in this to understand now.

11. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

This is pure Necromancy. Like original post was 2004....wow!

12. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

yup.....and I'm ok with that....since to OP returned and responded