Moi's Workout Thread

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Simon, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

By the end of the week if what I've eaten today is anything to go by. 1700 calories in shakes alone and I've ate like a hungry person. My scales work out by body fat or mass or somethin, I'll see how it works tomorrow.

2. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

good effort.

something I've been meaning to ask, is you gym upstairs in your house?

3. Moi

Yes it's the 2nd bedroom. No cracks so far

4. seiken steve

Cheers mate i'm thinking about a similar set up.

Couple of Qs, do you deadlift up there? and did you mod the structure in any way?

5. Moi

Deadlift no. I have the space if I folded the bench up but I'd want some decent shock absorption before I did (I'm thinking two small tyres?? If not some decent foam) I'm still only a beginner so I'm sticking to the machine and bench presses and dumbell work for my triceps ATM. I've a spare bar and loads of weights so when I get to that stage I'll probably bring another bar downstairs

I've modded the multigym to wall mount the 'dips' bit of it simply because of the size & positioning of the room. Just worked out the bit I needed and Yell.com find me a local metalworker, I had the stuff made from scratch so I've still got all the original bits, cost about £40 in all. He also altered the preacher curl pad to fit the bench.The gym is also positioned so any of the cable work can be done through the doorway onto the landing, although again it's not something I've looked at yet but I read the manual and I accommodated for it.

All in all for less than 10' by 10' two people can get a good workout in there but most of the time it' just me so space isn't an issue once you're working.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Could they stretch to the bathroom? You could work out whilst on the toilet.

"Huh......huh.....huh....URRRGH!"

*Voice from downstairs* What are you up to darling?

"Pulling on my cable."

Mitch

7. Moi

That's Map time! (funny you should mention that as I've just been to H&B to get a different protien powder and bought their BOGOF on omega 3. Might be spending long time there over the next day or so. You stalking me?)

I'd never be so subtle anyhow :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  8. seiken steve

9. Moi

So here's a thread resurrection!
    I've had a little time off from any sort of lifting or even exercise (does the walk to the pub count?) anyway, due to a life comprising mainly of drink and other things and a month or so of almost solely the aforementioned, I've reached a point where I'm about to start eating better & ....well eating is going to be a start.....together with lifting.
    I still have my bench & weights although for this move I thought the multi-gym could do with a better home (I prefer the free weight anyway)

Now the trouble is I'm really underweight for my height, and my body is pretty ravaged from the past excesses so do I try and eat right for a while, probably omega 3 etc:
    And give myself a couple of weeks of recovery time, or do I start lifting straight away?
    Obviously with a lot less weight than I did before

Oh yes.......I'm back!

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

About bloody time too.

Seriously, I wish you well.

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

woohoo!

you could always try starting with the empty bar and increasing the weight slowly (say, 2.5kg per session). that'll give you time to get your diet sorted before you get to any sort of intense exercise, while still letting you get some lifting in.

12. Moi

That seems to involve moving? Sorry I really do need to sort myself out! That's a good idea, loosen everything up as well

13. Fish Of Doom

well, you could do all your lifts sitting down :p

if i may, i'd also suggest doing some light goblet squats and windmills to get the joints all good and proper for the more legit lifts once the weights start to move up (plus, healthy shoulders and hips are good to have, and you don't get much better than goblets and windmills for those).

14. Moi

Goblets? English man!

15. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

hold something heavyish with both hands close to your chest, shoulders down, elbows out a bit, and squat low, and keeping the back as upright as you can with weight into the heels push back up to stand, repeat :)

16. Moi

Are you going to make me google?

17. Moi

Why thank you x

18. Fish Of Doom

This :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrVgpDOLlgM"]How To: Kettlebell Goblet Squat - YouTube[/ame]

19. Moi

Thank you Fish x

20. Fish Of Doom

anytime, dude