Mods for the Battlestar Gallactica

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Reiki, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

Ok people.
    I want your ideas for making this the meanest mother of the road. :Alien:

some background info out of my journal ---->

I had to take the "Battlestar Galactica" out on the xmas shopping trip [its my daughters HUGE wheelchair van] and it wasn't at all easy to park or manouvre, its rather like driving my big horsetruck actually but a wee bit smaller, but once I planted it for the morning it was good to be able to keep shoving stuff in it unlike having a normal car boot to work with.

Its actually looking rather nice now we've started modifying it. It's one of those super long wheelbase, high topped Toyota hiace vans, painted bog standard white of course. With a big wheelchair hoist in the back.

Its now sporting a set of superwide oversized mags with low profile tyres plus a sinister pitch black window tint [looks like a mafia staff car], and a blued stainless exhaust megafone.

Next move will be some front and rear bullbars for crash [oops! I mean touch] parking... and I'm going to have a shot at a really interesting mural paint job with the airbrush and a million clearcotes.

Should be a fun thing once we get some other toys in it too!

I will organise a picture or 3 of it shortly and we can have some fun with some ideas.

Blame Gaskell if you don't like this topic, it was his fault he suggested it would make a nice thread.... actually I think we'll end up with something that looks like it came out of Monster Garage. :bang:

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I think the best paint job I saw on a van was silouettes (sp?) of Elvis, Buddy Holly and Bill Haley on the sides and the back (it was a deep purple van).

How about something like that with MAers? :)

3. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

*I'd* like that, however please remember its a paint job for my little girl Harmony [she's 9yo] however she likes all sorts of weird things, esp watching us grappling and sparring. Also loves watching kata esp bo and nunchaku.

I thought that the new name for it might evoke some cool space and aliens and other types of artwork! :Alien:

Purple would be cool tho as a background colour.

I like purple - my off white truck has a big purple swoosh along the side and up the back of it! and the house has a similar matching paint scheme with cool offwhite and a wisteria trim for the windows, bargeboards and other bits on verandahs etc [its a villa]. :)

4. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

Ta da! Warning! offensive to the eyes....

This picture was taken before the tint job was done on the windows.
    They are now BLACK and you can't see in.

It was like driving around in a mobile glasshouse...

[​IMG]

- this is my new car when I've saved up enough!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  5. Trae

Trae Valued Member

Two super important things I'm gonna get as soon as I upgrade
    a) Air horn!!!..
    b) Super bright HID headlights. To **** off the bastards that drive with their highbeams on...and for touring :)

6. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

I got a bad out car. It's a real big chick magnet too.

It's a white, '90 Ford Tauras Station Wagon. Hopefully, I'll have enough money to afford to turn it into a woody soon. :cool:

7. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Still think the A_Team van is the way to go.....

(drum roll) da dada daaaahhh da da duuuhhhh

Attached Files:

8. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

when I get enough money this will be my car :D
    [​IMG]

9. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

oooh! nice! I like the A team one paint job AND munkiejunkies one too! :D

I saw something similar on a rad rides thing on discovery a while back - a dragon car that blew flames...... rather nice and goth but not so practical in the city cos it was about 2 x B trains long, wiggly in the middle like a bendy bus and needed another driver on the rear end!

How about some ideas for what we can do to the Battlestar Gallactica? I'd like to make it into a really badass looking thing.....

We've already beefed up the suspension so that it rides better and corners better - it used to change lanes on the motorway all by itself before we did this and was rather horrid at speeds over 60km/hr. Now I can do 120km/hr in it and it feels more substantial, but is still a tad hairtrigger in the steering!

I think some bullbars for crash parking and maybe a bit of a wing on the tail might help it a bit. Pls remember I can't lower it because we live in the country and it has to go over twisty & rough roads & shingle and up our farm driveway which eats small cars.....

10. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

Oh and I forgot to mention we have 3 other cars plus a truck, so won't be spending megadollars on this one [it only cost $12k so far] ;)