MMA Sparring Gloves

Discussion in 'MMA' started by notquitedead, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

2. Mike Dunnage

Mike Dunnage Valued Member

i have been hearing good thing about the rouge fmma gloves. MMA universe sell them on their site. Can not vouch for them personally though.

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Fairtex make great gloves. I've had a pair for a couple of years and they've never let me down. The only thing I'll say is if you buy the ones without the thumb on them, for the love of god adapt your handwraps to keep that thumb supported!
    The new Blitz ones are pretty cool as well - they're cheap, do the job and it's always good to have a spare pair around. I've never tried Rogues but a lot of people swear by them
    MAPer Fightgear's place (www.fightgear.net) has a glove that's very similar to the official Pride glove here. I've never tried them, but they look the dogs

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  4. leon_x

leon_x Dai Low

thanks for that... i am going to order the black leather blitz gloves. much cheaper than fairtex.

5. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

I use the combat sports gloves, and I really like them. I haven't tried the fairtex gloves, but now I kind of want to try them and see which is better.
    I really hate wearing boxing gloves when I spar, I feel like they make my defense sloppy, and make it really hard to trap as I'm attacking. I also find it's a lot easier to get in body shots with the MMA sparring gloves. As mentioned before, they do get in the way of some chokeholds (it's veryhard to do a figure 4 guillotine with them, for example).
    Also, sparring with open handed gloves is so much more fun than boxing gloves. I find that they give plenty of padding, especially considering that my previous open-handed gloves were these.
    I still use the kamikaze gloves as my "loaner" pair, for my friends who don't have their own gear. And yeah, they sting. :D

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

fairtex is the sponsor of a friend of mine, he is a gracie barra instructor, so he uses fairtex equipment, and their gloves of course. i know that he has been satisified with them.

7. johniemi

johniemi New Member

We use the Fairtex FGV15 in our MMA training and it's the best MMA training glove I have seen or used (although I have only seen and tried 4 or 5 different gloves but still...)

It's also used in amateur competitions here in Finland.