MMA pics thread

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Trent Tiemeyer, Jan 7, 2004.

1. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

CANT HELP MYSELF!!!!

Right before a fist drops down on Royce

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Two questions for this MMA no nothing about it guy. In that triangle hold, who exactly has the upper hand? The guy with the legs around his neck or the guy getting slammed into the mat? And next, that number 15 picture . Did that guy who is all bloody win or lose?

3. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

As for the triangle choke, the advantage is definitely with the fighter on the bottom. When slamming out of a triangle, it can be very difficult to generate enough impact to incite a knockout, and usually doesn't even make the fighter on the bottom loosen up. There are always exceptions.

The bloody Tony Fryklund lost. Cut stoppage. Didn't make him any less intense, did it?

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

And, uh, you guys really have fun with this? :)

5. Trent Tiemeyer

I love it. Greatest sport in the world.

6. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Cro Cop Vs Dos Carasa Jr (Think thats his name)

7. totality

totality New Member

dos caras rocks!!! well...he looks funny anyway.

anyone know how much pride paid him for the crocop fight? i heard he made 100 grand for it...which isn't unreasonable, considering that they pay better than ufc anyway, and he's exactly what the japanese look for in a fighter: tall foreigner in a mask.

8. Trent Tiemeyer

9. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

How can you say that MMA fighters aren't real fighters. Traditional MA student's come to MMA gyms and get SCHOOLED all the time. They get SCHOOLED in the ring too. Back in the day when the Gracies would go around to all the different schools in the world and fight their teachers and best students under Vale Tudo rules, they wen't undefeated. That hundreds of fights without one loss. A lot of those fights filmed to so you can't call BS on that. DO you think we don't learn how to fight dirty? We just don't use that stuff in the ring. MMA competition is a sport, but it is the closest thing to a real fight you can get. WE KNOW HOW TO FIGHT IN REAL FIGHT SITUATIONS! Besides it doesn't take MAs to figure out eye gouge and groin strike. I'ld like to see anybody without formal training to pull off a propper armbar or trianle choke using good tecnique and actually pulling it off. To think that we are not "real" fighters is just ignorant.

10. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

My boy Josh dumpin Franca on his back at the last UFC.
    [​IMG]

11. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

He got dropped hard on the mat in that match. :D

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I swear to god its so scarey being dumped. Luckly ive never been dumped propperly... only minor because my sparring partner was going steady on me because im new.

I hate being thrown lol, but i gotta get over it.

13. Trent Tiemeyer

Lindland looking a touch insane.

[​IMG]

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Nothing comes close :)

hehe some of these pictures are top dogs! they're going on my site im currently making :D :)

15. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I bought dvd last night :) that cut is sick man, but Vitor sure did fight well then!!! i was jumpin around lol.

*im sakuraba fan*
    [​IMG]

I do like seeing the gracie's getting owned...

17. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

This one ive made into a wallpaper for my mobile phone :)

[​IMG]

18. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

he needs to stop eating sushi before his fights.
    [​IMG]

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lolol :D:D:D:D:D tha's a good one :) Silva rocks!!!

20. Adam

Adam New Member

I like the way the referee is shielding himself :D

That guy looks pretty done over though.