MMA Gloves for Give Away/Online Comp

Discussion in 'MMA' started by inthespirit, Nov 22, 2013.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hi folks,

Wanted to pick your collective brain.

We recently had our first show (KTMMA Showcase) with our 1st round K-1 / 2nd round MMA rules, little montage clip here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L52wOGhtZm0"]KTMMA Showcase Montage - YouTube[/ame]

I'll post the fight clips up on MAP when we start getting them back from the producers as I want to get some critique and peoples thoughts so we can improve, tweak, etc for a more entertaining show and a better competition.

Anyhow, we want to do a competition / give away thing on our Facebook page and Twitter feed and I'm thinking to get a few pairs of MMA gloves and some mouth guards for this.

For the mouth guards I'm pretty set on shockdoctor ones as I have had very positive experience with them in the past, but have no idea what would be considered top of the range MMA gloves.

Would appreciate hearing your suggestions, I’m looking for a brand/model which would be most appealing to MMA practitioners. Also, if you think there is a better / more popular mouth guard manufacturer then shockdoctor, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Don't Fairtex do MMA gloves? I would consider pretty much anything they make high quality.

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yeah, that’s what I suggested initially. I have a pair I bought years ago and they are still in pretty good shape, though I don’t use them that often at all.

One of our guys reckons Venum gloves, but they seem a bit gimmicky to me, like something out of a spiderman comic.

Actually, there was another somewhat unrelated issues I wanted to ask about, anyone have any experience in using gloves that are tape free and instead use a neoprene/lycra style cover built into the glove? Apparently this is often used in Japanese MMA and saves time with wrapping tape etc.

4. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Venum are pretty popular. Hayabusa are another brand that's quite popular.

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

sparring or competition gloves? Fairtex are a good shout either way but just to suggest other things I find Sandee sparring gloves are by far the best I've used when looking at the amount of padding and how its distributed. For competition gloves I keep hearing good things about Rival. Noticed CageWarriors using them a few times too and they look pretty sweet

6. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I guess probably sparring gloves would be more applicable as they are used more often and probably more suited your general MMA enthusiasts.

We used Sandee gloves during the event. They are good but I don’t think they are popular enough yet for our online comp means.

I’ll have a look at the other glove brands you gents suggested.

7. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I have Sandee ones and I'm looking at Hayabusa for a new pair.