mma fights

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by sampla, Dec 25, 2011.

1. sampla

sampla Valued Member

a thread for mma fights

not just every mma fight, so if you are going to add, make sure

the fights did not ended with a decision, a draw, a no contest

if the thread is illegal to the forum rules, delete

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI_xX1rp4G8"]Fedor Emelianenko vs Fabricio Werdum HD - YouTube[/ame]

werdum v emelianenko

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0ohHD7-Bc"]Fedor Emelianenko vs Antonio Silva HD - YouTube[/ame]

silva v emelianenko

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PatfIM8T--U"]Fedor Emelianenko vs Dan Henderson - HD - YouTube[/ame]

henderson v emelianenko

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hVVKs3rTL0"]Junior "Cigano" Dos Santos vs. Jair Goncalves - Sept. 29th 2007.avi - YouTube[/ame]

goncalves v santos

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W8z4PhYA6s"]Fedor Emelianenko vs. Gary Goodridge - YouTube[/ame]

emelianenko v goodridge

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRfzIJw4oos"]Junior Dos Santos vs Joaquim Ferreira - YouTube[/ame]

ferreira v santos

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYfSUd_vauc"]Cain Velasquez vs Junior dos Santos on FOX - YouTube[/ame]

velasquez v santos

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36nERJugSY"]Daniel Cormier vs Antonio Bigfoot Silva Full Fight HD - YouTube[/ame]

silva v cormier

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

I dont think its against forum rules. I do however think it's a silly thread.

3. sampla

sampla Valued Member

I welcome your critique

:cool:

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

As the Mod for MMA on MAP, I would like to welcome you to MAP. Usually yes we do put up fights from youtube (and the such), however we put them up for intelligent (or close to intelligent) discussion, breakdowns etc.

As an obvious fan, what are your thoughts on the fights? Why are you only interested in HW? Also please introduce yourself...

(cant believe I just had to do this twice on Xmas)

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm curious on the HW only rule myself and am slightly worried the answer is going to make me flame you :p

Welcome to map however :cool:

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I personally find the light-heavy weight and Welterweight divisions of the UFC more interesting. The fighters are faster, and there is more maneuverability with the Fighters.

7. sampla

sampla Valued Member

greetings

I train, watch fights, I am 100% sure that I know exact benefit of each effective unarmed street fight strike, throw or trick, yet I do not claim that any of you should ever agree or ever ask about it, my interests are street fights, mma, muay thai, k1, kickboxing, judo. I am here just for the talk. I rarely fight and never had a professional fight

this fights, I have posted are amazing, my opinion

just heavyweights, because I am not interested in fighters that can be destroyed just because they are less then 100 kilograms, unless it is someone like sombat, saenchai, yodsanklai, anuwat, chanoy, coban, pajonsuk and the rest

all the best

;)

8. sampla

sampla Valued Member

greetings

guessing what the next post would be about, of course it is not fair, if a 70 kilogram fighter would fight a 100 kilogram fighter

;)

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

You hold a masters degree in several arts then I assume?

That does sound slightly contradictory.

This is a martial arts discussion forum, why would we not ask about it?

What has weight got to do with someone being destroyed, especially in professional sport where there are weight categories?

Be it featherweight or heavyweight, two opponents of the same weight, both fighting under a ruleset all stand the same chance of being destroyed as you put it. Weight is not an issue.

10. sampla

sampla Valued Member

greetings

I agree that light-heavy weights and welterweights are faster, and they are usually almost at their best shape, because every kilogram counts

11. sampla

sampla Valued Member

greetings

1 absolutely no
    2 perhaps, you are right
    3 I do not insist
    4 my bad, I did not explained it. I meant if they do fight, like after the personal offence
    5 I agree, at the professional sport weight is not the issue

good day

;)

12. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

13. sampla

sampla Valued Member

offtopic

if you ever happen to train at boxing, would you agree that while fighting by the boxing rules, the most unpleasent for the lefties when they fight righties, is the right/left/right combo?

a lot of people do agree

14. sampla

sampla Valued Member

I respect that

15. sampla

sampla Valued Member

you know, if it interests so many people, let us have all the weights

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I have no idea what this thread is for. If I just wanted to watch random MMA fights I could go to YouTube myself. At least forums have a discussion or opinion element usually but you seem to have removed that so we just end up with a 'stuff I like' thread with a bunch of arbitrary rules for no reason.

17. sampla

sampla Valued Member

greetings

posting fights at a martial arts forum has it's benefits

you don't have to do a playlist, you discuss the fights just with martial artists, you can watch all the fights on just several pages, you discuss all the fights at the same place

all the best

;)

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

And yet you have not discussed any of the fights.

No critique, no explanation of technique, tactical awareness, conditioning etc.

19. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Fortunately I'm reasonably familiar with how martial arts forums work, that's partly why I demonstrated how this thread could be valuable. My issue was with your 'here's a list of fights I like' approach. I'm pretty sure if I found a music forum then started a thread about my iTunes top played playlist or a movies forum with my netflix history I'd receive a similar response.

20. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Of course not, but as Simon pointed out that's why mma has weight classes and since this is a thread about mma fights I then don't see why anyone should care about the problems Aldo would have fighting Lesnar. I'm an mma fan, I love mma for the sport of mma, therefore I couldn't care less what disadvantages a fighter would have fighting someone at a higher weight cat since it's not going to happen.There's also some legitimate debate about whether fighters already do that when you look at how much certain guys cut.

Personally I think the HW division is pretty shabby. Apart from the top 10 or so its a division filled with guys with no cardio who get contracts based on the fact they know some very very basic boxing. For guys who just want to see some blood its a great class but as a fan of the sport itself I prefer the lighter weightclasses for their infitinely better technique. Far more exciting to watch a technical fight at Bantamweight than 2 Heavyweights throwing half arsed shots from their waists because they go tired after 2 minutes.

Sorry thats turned into a bit of a general rant not all of it necessarily applies to you :D

I'm a bjj guy so its not something I know a lot about from experience but the right hand is the weakness for a southpaw. Of course the left straight is equally dangerous for an orthodox fighter and a lefty has the benefit of spending most of his training fighting against right handers while most orthodox fighters will spar with other righties.

At least that's what I'm guessing from my limited knowledge. Sure someone else will point out if I'm wrong.