MMA Crossover?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by wushurichard, Mar 4, 2009.

1. wushurichard

wushurichard Banned Banned

1, maybe you should stop swearing.

2, im not a LARPer nor do i LARP.

3, if i feel that i am right why do you find it so hard to accept that

4, maybe you can post a video of martial arts that you feel work and we can see what you can bring to the table

sorry to anyone who has to read this but i feel that this is necessary

thankyou all

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

forgot all about this thread! So Rich what's happening are you looking for a gym?

3. Martial_Mathers

Martial_Mathers Capoeirista

I agree that it's about time that this thread was closed.

4. Southpaw535

no i think it should stay open so we can watch the first fight video :hat:

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Wushurichard you seem to be making out that you want some civil discussion so how about we start with the following,

wushurichard,

What are you an instructor in?

What did you have to do to qualify as an instructor?

Why is it that because you are an instructor that you are not training under anyone else? Even teachers should have teachers and you are never at the point where you can't learn from another.

Why do you feel youtube is "good for learning" what practical skills can you learn from an internet video?

Any reason why you wont answer these questions?

6. wushurichard

I am trained in Southern Shaolin Kung Fu (Wu Shu/Gong Fu including Pheonix Eye Fist, Wing Chun and Southern Shaolin Weapons including: Southern Staff/Long Stick and Knife(Gun and Dao), Double Butterfly Knifes, Double Short Sticks and Southern Shaolin Animal styles (including: Crane/Bai He Quan,Tiger, Leopard and Snake), Karate, Tae-Kwon-Do, Kickboxing, Traditional Nothern Shaolin Chang Quan Wushu (long fist), Dao Shu (Saber/Chinese Knife),Gun Shu (staff/Long Stick), Jian Shu (sword) and Tai Chi Fist (Yang Shi Taiji Quan).

I have 14 years experience in martial arts, I teach Traditional Chang Quan Wushu / Long Fist and Bai He Quan / White Crane Southern Animal Style. i teach both for free in Mudanjiang, China.

As for Youtube, the practical skills achievable there are unlimited. maybe you should try it? :hat:

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I am 50/50 on this thread. See I think we've all said what we needed to say on this subject and its now basically getting annoying.

However I wanna see the OP fight. :D

8. Dean Winchester

Thank you wushurichard. What did you have to do to qualify you as an instructor?

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Out of curiosity... if you actually live in Mudanjiang prefecture as you say... what sort of visa are you on?

The Chinese government certainly doesn't hand out work visas for foreigners to teach Kung Fu. :rolleyes:

Are you currently there now?
    And do you actually live there full time?

Surely if you live there you can speak and read Mandarin no?

10. Southpaw535

Wing Chun? no disrespect mate but i used to watch wing chun classes and the people doing it for two weeks had better punch form than you do. I'm curious now did you actually recieve tuitiion in all those arts or just watch youtube?

11. wushurichard

i said i have 14 years experience. youtube didnt exist 14 years ago

12. Southpaw535

good shout :cool:

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Could this be moved from mma/submission fighting, it's giving us all a bad name :D

14. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

That IS a good quote you have Su Lin.Even if I say so myself.

regards koyo

15. Dean Winchester

Would that be 14 years solid, non interupted, experience in each of those arts?

How long for example have you been training in Wing Chun?

Did you train in each of these arts under the same teacher? I can't imagine you studided the CMA under the same person as the Karate and TKD. Which style of Karate was it?

How long have you lived in China?

In fact would you mind listing how long you have trained in each of those arts.

For example Karate x years
    Wing Chun x years

Just so we get a better picture.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  16. Southpaw535

you got me on the youtube but in that case can you tell me who taught you?

17. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

He is passed the secrets of the ancient masters who visit him in his sleep. They now upload to Youtube to save their Chi

18. Southpaw535

hahaha I'm jus thinking bout asking my old instructor. I think kev's pretty respected in wing chun so he might know the name.

If i get one :rolleyes:

19. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

You're clarifying nothing, only pointing out time or logical inconsistencies that the rest of us consider a given, and therefore do not worry about.
    You're about as transparent as a store window. Everyone can see it, it's not just us. Those who respect you and look to you for advice are more gullible than your average layman who has never experienced martial arts.
    No serious martial artist, nor clear thinking individual with have anything but pity, disgust, or a detached condescention for you until you stop playing at being a "master" and sincerely practice some art, martial or not. You are accomplishing nothing on your current path.
    This is the last time I'm going to say it to you. Get serious, get humble, and get into a real school, or you can resign yourself to a lifetime of mediocrity, serving only to draw others like you away from real schools where they could improve themselves.

20. wushurichard

that was a very long winded poetic way of insulting me for my beliefs