MMA Belfast

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Wingzero87, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Wingzero87

Wingzero87 New Member

Hey guys, hope you can help

I have done Tae Kwon Do in the past unfortunately I had to give it up for my studies GCSE'S was looking to get back into it when I got into 6th form

However the leisure centre I trained closed down, have not really bothered looking to some of the other martial arts as with most gyms you have to be a member to take any of the classes

Was wondering if anyone knew if there were any good classes taught in belfast that does not require me to join a gym with an outrageous membership fee?

I picked MMA as it something that I have been interested in for a while

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

3. Wingzero87

Wingzero87 New Member

Cheers for that but making it up to newtownabbey could prove to be a bit difficult was hoping to find somewhere within belfast to train

but cheers for the info I may have to just grim an bare it

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

The Queens club gets good reviews, be worth trying them, I believe they train in the PEC.

5. Wingzero87

Wingzero87 New Member

I think in the PEC you have to be a member to take part in any of the classes

6. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Nah you don't. You can go in as a guest for sports club things- someone from the club signs you in. Or at least you could last time I was there.

Also I think there is a BJJ class in Frames on Saturdays... I'm not entirely sure but I used to see some grappling going on there about a year ago.

7. Wingzero87

Wingzero87 New Member

Hmm? Frames you say? Thats pretty close to where I work, an within walking distance from my flat

Anyone else got any information regarding frames?

8. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I got signed into Queens - which basicaly involved saying I am going to the BJJ club and they said OK write your name down and we will get the VP to sign it if no one else turns up.

9. Sgt_Major

dunno about bjj at frames, but the MT guys are there I know.

10. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

There was some sort of grappling thing on after the MT classes sometimes and sometimes at the weekend. Don't know if it was regular though. From my memory it looked like BJJ.

P.S. Wingzero87 if you're interested in Thai Boxing by any chance Frames club is excellent by the way.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  11. Wingzero87

Wingzero87 New Member

I would be interested in any sort of martial art, Thai Boxing you say? Is it still going on? What are the times?

12. cowzerp

cowzerp Valued Member

www.fightalk.co.uk

MMA site of the no 1 mma org in the north of ireland, check it out, they'll tell you where to go.

13. Sgt_Major

site doesnt exist

14. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

You said there was something on Saturdays Tony? I might need something to keep me occupied if you're not gonna be around when I visit. :p