Mike Tyson training again

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Xue Sheng, May 12, 2020.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Grond and axelb like this.
  2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Powers the last thing to go (see George foreman) it's the speed of his movement that Impresses the hell out of me

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

He's still a convicted rapist, I find it particularly abhorrent this almost never gets mentioned.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Thank you for saying it first! But yeah, It sickens me that so many people are willing to overlook that and look up to him.

Monkey_Magic, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

You can differentiate between acknowledging athletic ability in a person convicted of a crime who served his sentence whilst also seeing them as a horrible person who you do not like or wish to be around.

Not many get introduced by the crime they commited
    Tyson isn't the only one

Bernard Hopkins one of the greatest boxers ever, also convicted of strong arm robbery and sentanced to 18 years later reduced rarely gets mentioned

Sonny listen lead armed gangs, did three years in jail.before boxing never introduced as the former robbery sonny

Floyd Mayweather Sr did years in federal prison never gets introduced as such, his son was convicted of domestic violence the list goes on and on and not just in boxing or American football

Tupac convicted of molesting a child, never gets mentioned

Jayzee was a drug dealer if anything that is used to sell him not hurt him, same with 50 cent etc

Boxing, entertainment and life in general are full of people who are flawed, have paid their debt and been released so do we accept they have paid their debt or not?

Dead_pool, Grond and aikiMac like this.
  6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

He's also proof that, actually, winners do do drugs.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I didn't know about Tupac, ( I only found out about a 19 year old who was sexually assaulted, is that the same case)

Some things just shouldnt be forgivable, then again, we accept it off our leaders too.

axelb likes this.
  8. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Sorry should have put teenager same case

We could look at rock and roll, Jerry Lee Lewis marrying a 13 year old, Elvis meeting Priscilla at 14, or films, Roman Polanski anyone?

I mean I can acknowledge Michael Vick was a great athlete but I'd still never watch him or help him out if I found him bleeding out on the side of the road after what he did

I don't think xue or I said anything about Tyson's morals just his boxing ability, and as you say we get the same from our leaders and at least Tyson isn't preaching to us like the most powerful.man in America tends to

David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Yeah, Tupac wasn't convicted of molesting a child, he was convicted of gang-molesting a 19 year old groupie he had consensual sex with a few nights prior. He's also still alive, sipping Cognac with Biggie Smalls and Elvis in Cuba. Sorry I'm bored and made that last part up to make myself laugh.

10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Typical Tyson, terrifyingly efficient. Reminds me of a quote from a movie I can't remember the name of, "He was just a normal man, and then something got into him...he became demon-possessed". Those Adonis horse legs, at his age, are a testament to the transformative powers of pugilist training. Wowzers. But his mind has always been a minefield, especially after the accidental death of his young daughter I'm sure. He hasn't assaulted or killed anyone in a long time, so I guess that's a positive. Anybody can change, but I sure hope if he does somehow return to boxing, it's the new him and not the old him.

axelb and Xue Sheng like this.