metamoris 3

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Giovanni, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

anyone else going to be streaming this?

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Oh hell yes! Party time in the Lecter household!!!!

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Yes, ive even moved the main comp to the lounge to get the proper widescreem effect!

4. Hannibal

I'm streaming through my Xbox360 to get 60" widescreen HD glory!!!!!!

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What's the price on it?

6. Hannibal

$20 bucks! Absolute bargain!

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So royler or Eddie?

My take, royler by having better takedowns, better standing passing and top game. If he can avoid the rubber guard\keep posture within it. Eddie isn't known for anything apart from a flexable high guard and a good understanding of one part of half guard, so game planning wise its not too hard to avoid his strengths.

What do you guys reckon?

8. Hannibal

I'm going old school with Royler as my pick

9. Pretty In Pink

Royler takes it but I'm rooting for Eddie.

10. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

11. Hannibal

Easily one of the best events I have watched! Incredible action and the main event was spectacular!!!

Anyone not seen it live, buy the replay because the whole show was magnificent!

12. Pretty In Pink

It was a draw but Eddie won it in my opinion. Was a crazy good match! I don't think Royler had anything for Eddie.

13. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

If it had been a points match Eddie would have been well a head. He did an excellent job of neutralising Royler's game.

14. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

To many draws. I like the movement and it was a good event but I have serious issues with draws in any porting event. The main event being a draw was an incredible drag. No time limit until someone submits or quits. At least in the main event! Just my 02.

15. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Bravo came very close a couple of times. Much closer than Royler ever did. Royler had a couple of nice reversals and controlled from mount early in - that was about it though. Buchecha vs Roger Gracie is still my favorite Metamoris match. I don't know what was most ridiculous. Almeida sweeping Roger freaking Gracie a few times or Gracie escaping that brutal armbar.

16. Pretty In Pink

Royler never mounted Eddie. He didn't even pass his half guard.

17. Hannibal

The back and forth sweeps and reversals were epic - lot of good shoulder pressure and posting from Royler and some great positioning by Eddie. I had it a lot closer than the consensus - although still felt had points been an issue Eddie would have clearly won - but just watching two Seniors go at it like a couple of 21 years olds was unbelievable to watch

18. usurp31

usurp31 New Member

Wow, just checked it out; very nice match.

19. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

You're right sorry. Meant half guard. He put on shoulder pressure from there and couldn't pass then got caught in the first electric chair.

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Apparently Royce Gracie went backstage to give Bravo some grief. Or is that ghief? :p