Messed up shoulder?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Southpaw535, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Aw really? I thought 6 weeks was just how long it would take to be good as new didn't think it was going to be in that muhc danger the whole time. Ah well I'll still go and watch the lessons so I'm not missing out as much on the technique work and keeps my head in the game.

The nurse never explained to me what this really meant so can someone help me out with this please? I was thinking it meant dynamic stretching but that doesn't sound right stretching something thats torn?

Hahaha thats what got me so out of shape before ma in the first place! Plus black ops is pretty meh after you've played bad company :p

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Did they not give you a proper physio regime?

Be wary of what doctors and nurses tell you because, unless they are used to dealing with sports injuries, they probably have very little clue about rehab for sports training!

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i'd say if you can, try to get rehab from someone that treats rugby players. i don't believe i need to explain further :p

4. Southpaw535

Nope she just said avoid contact sports but do exercise. She recommended swimming but I can only just about float so thats a no no.

5. Fish Of Doom

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ffpcRxWgsg"]YouTube - Steve Cotter Tea Cup Shoulder Mobility Exercise 1: Part 2/2[/ame] do this

6. Southpaw535

Now that looks good thanks man

7. Fish Of Doom

you're welcome :)

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Looking at membership of the MAP Shoulder Club makes me glad the Hip Club is VIP only! :)

9. Southpaw535

But we have Frodo

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Frodo only joined your club because she didn't have the right attire to get in here.

Hope the shoulder gets better soon btw.

11. Southpaw535

Crotchless tights?

Cheers man, already counting the days till I can get back on the mats

12. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

13. Frodocious

I have a shoulder impingement and have been told to avoid Judo and BJJ for the next few weeks whilst the physio sorts me out. I also got told off for bad posture, which is probably not helping my shoulder isssues. Dammit! :mad: :cry:

14. Southpaw535

But this threads about me! :D

Sorry to hear that Frodo but you can always come down and train with me :p
    What is a shoulder impingement by the way?

15. johnferrignon

johnferrignon Valued Member

You should have it checked. It's best that a professional will have a look at it. the earlier the better. :) Hope you'll be fine.

16. Frodocious

Not anymore! Consider yourself hijacked!

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00032

and thanks for the offer for training!

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm feeling the down n out shoulder time out too.. soft tissue damage to right shoulder due to years of abuse. Advised 4 weeks no MA activity.

Just in time for Christmas.

18. Frodocious

Our little club is getting bigger all the time! Sorry to hear you're joining Mushroom.

The good news in my case is that I can continue to lift weights, as long as the exercises I'm doing don't hurt. So that means no OHPs, dips, barbell rows, benching (although I can do floor presses), ring work or snatching and even pushups might be out. I'll probably have to ditch the MA classes at least until after Christmas and maybe just do some solo drill work at home.

19. Southpaw535

On the brightside don't most MA classes take a couple weeks of around christmas? Might not be missing as much training if you'd injured it earlier

20. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Mine is healing, thankfully. Sloooooowly building back the strength I used to have.