Medic!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BlindClown, Feb 14, 2007.

1. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

whenevr i get stressed or embarrsed... flushed i s the word .. also when i drink alcohol , i seem to get red bags under and around the sides of my eyes , which make it seem like i have been hit!

i dont feel hot but if i touch the area, it is hot.

does anyone know what this could be or how i could stop this happening ??

2. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Make up? :D

I had some Japanese mates that had the same reaction when they drank booze, I think its something to do with an enzyme that breaks down alcohol. Probably not in your case, unless your Japanese or Chinese. Are you very pale/fair?

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I think you could quite possibly be a reptilian.

4. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

iam slightly pale ... and fully english

was makeup the only answer for them?

5. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Not exactly sure where to put this one, but I eventually decided to put it in the health and fitness area because of the health-related query in the original post.

6. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

If it's really bothersome, I'd suggest talking to a doctor about it.

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Unlucky, you are stuck with it. I can get quite red faced sometimes, everyone can, but some are more susceptible than others. I get it worse with whisky than anything else. You will get over it mate.

8. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I always get red patches with the slightest drop of alcohol(!), or heat, or cold... :rolleyes:

As has been said, if you're concerned best ask a doctor. Otherwise, Maxfactor foundation - as close to your natural colour as possible :D :D

9. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

i dont like goin to the docs , as my area the docs are useless

you go in and have to tell him whats wron gwith you and wht he should pescribe you with . otherwise its take ya top off and he prods you a few times listens to yah heart beat and then off you go .

seriously does worry/annoy me

Thanks for yah help anyway guess i will ahev to try find the answer sumwhere else .. anyone got any medical sites i can search through?

Aegis i didnt know where to post it either ... thanks for the move!

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I just told you, there is no real answer.

Unless you want surgery that often causes some other more serious problems, you are stuck with it. Flushing is the unfortunate cosmetic effect of your body trying to stay cool and there is very little you can do about it other than avoid the causes.

11. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Ad's right. Alcohol causes dilation of blood vessels near the skin. Some people are more affected than others.

So.....drink less