me doing choong moo

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by jazzysingh, Feb 5, 2011.

1. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

Hey guys/girls/MAP lol, i made a vid doing choong moo while i was in the gym today. Yes I know its not perfect... but I thought I would share. Balance was off in places (i was shattered), and stances weren't the tidiest - constructive feedback always welcome! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T3B11wxcwQ"]YouTube - Choong Moo Tul[/ame]

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nice work Jazzy, another member posting videos is always a thumbs up from me.

I don't know the form so am not qualified to comment, but I did think the kicks were very nice, excellent chambering before each kick. :cool:

3. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

Thanks! I am planning on videoing all my patterns so I can 'see' them and improve hopefully. Thats the plan anyway. lol

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nothing worse than watching yourself back on video. You think you are good, watch yourself back and think "oh my god, what do I look like".

I shot some of my videos after class and some with a bad back and I think I look slow and ponderous. It is a good wake up call.

Keep posting, would love to see more.

Nice training facility btw.

5. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

I know what you mean, sometimes in your head you think, i'm doing this well, and when you see it, you think, ok maybe I should practice some more! But I guess vids are a good way to see yourself. I think I have been 'afraid' of making vid's cos am scared what I am going to see!

6. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

A bit slower than i like to see patterns performed and you were kickin high when the kicks in the pattern are supposed to be middle section (apart from the turning kick anyways). apart from that very nice

7. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

yeh I am a bit too slow. I always finish last in class. :(

and yep - i should've differentiated the mid and high sections. Thanks!

one day it will be perfect lol. (gime a few yrs ) ha

8. TheMadhoose

LOL you did ask!! At least i didn't moan about sine wave

9. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

yes i did ask lol and sine wave - hmmm - my org is 'sine wave'-free lol.

10. TheMadhoose

anno sine wave is very controversial best not to go there. we use a bit o sine wave and a bit o hip twist. kinda sitting on the fence with it .....hehe!!

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Already been said. You back peddled on one of the kicks as well. Props to you though

12. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

very controversial but am sure its been discussed many times before on numerous threads lol.

Thanks. :)

13. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Valued Member

Why you lay hand down after second move?
    First yop chagi is to solar plexus.
    Jumping side kick should be quick thrust to solar plexus.
    When grabbing opponents head (before hitting it with knee), move your first leg on halw way to your second, then while grabbing the head pull it back.
    Before first dollyo chagi is punch with inner section of the hand, not thrust.

Except it, very good and powerfull moves!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  14. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

thanks! yeh the kicks will be rectified, gona rework them!

before the first turning kick - I have been shown a reverse knifehand technique, i guess in the vid it does seem like a thrust.

and thanks again - i will defo check that punch technique u are referring to. :)

15. TheMadhoose

erm i think you'll find its a reverse knifehand strike or ridgehand as some call it

16. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Valued Member

Sorry for bad english. I know moves names in korean and in my language but not in english to good.

However i updated my list of mistakes ;)

It was shown to me at Master Parm Rai seminar month ago so it's all fresh.

17. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

Thats what I was told too...

18. TheMadhoose

and quite rightly so LOL.
    you TAGB guys are in good hands Master Donnelly toured with the general

19. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

dont know the form m8 but can only echo simon s words very nice indeed

20. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member