Maximuscle Cyclone

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Master J, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Master J

Master J "No style, no limitation"

Does anyone use the all in one supplement Maximuscle Cyclone? How do you find it?

I got myself a 1.2kg tub today. Going to give it a try and see what it's like.

Just one question. Will it also put on fat? Or as long as I stick to my regular, good diet, it won't?

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I gained 28lbs with one tub of cyclone. I liked it, but found it impossible to drink with water, I just used milk, with a spoonfull of sugar. ;)

It was a bit expensive, so only used 1 tub, it was a quick and easy way to add some weight and then use diet change to maintain it.

I also believe you can get the same 'mix' from different companies for a lot less money.

3. Master J

28lbs of lean muscle????!!!!!!:eek:

I don't want to gain any fat. I have a bit to lose, but I'll work on that, I just want to gain some lean muscle.

How often did you work out?
    I'm thinking of 3 or 4 times per week. 3 or 4 exercises, 3 sets.

4. Sgt_Major

not all muscle, but the most of it was. I was training every other day, either weights, swimming, or MA. Each training session ranged from 45mins to 3hrs.

5. Master J

A bit of fat too? Was that caused by the supplement?

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Any kind of decent muscle gain will be accompanied by some fat gain because of the caloric surplus. Deal with it :)

7. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

"And the big man upstairs came down from the mountain and said 'Let there be cutting!'"

:D

8. Sgt_Major

Pretty much as Adam says, I was eating loads, and taking cyclone, I'm sure it was OTT on the calories, but it wasn't a great deal of fat, just mass ;)

9. Master J

Suppose I don't mind a little bit, as long as I can keep it a bay! :D

Any tips on keeping a good diet while taking this? I find the two shakes a day fill me up quite alot, so I am not hungry for many meals anymore.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  10. Sgt_Major

I drank mine with meals, that way I got all filled up in one go, or at the very least eat before you drink, that way you getting the diet right, and even if you have to, wait a few hours before your shake.

Worked for me.

11. Tim T

Tim T Iam Jacks Smirkng Revenge

ive been taking cylcone and Ceemax and the results have been quite good. Although i dont drink cyclone twice a day like they recommend only after training sessions and usually the next morning.

Beware if you dont excresie and drink loads of cyclone you will get fat!

12. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

I know im running with some thread necromancy here but i've been thinking about this Cyclone stuff recently. Is it actually any good or just a marketing scam?

13. Tim T

Tim T Iam Jacks Smirkng Revenge

in my opinion it works, just dont expect miracles..

14. Liffguard

Liffguard Valued Member

It's no better than whey protein from any other reputable source but cost quite a bit more. It also tastes disgusting (personal preference, I admit). Personally, I go with Optimum Nutrition.

15. JayKayD

Ah i thought as much, figured it was probably just whey protein with creatine mixed in. At the moment i just order off myprotein.co.uk (thanks to Ad's intensive advertising campaign... does he work for them?) and that works fine really.

16. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I've never used it, but a quick Google turns up some info. Apparently it contains: Whey protein, creatine, glutamine, ALA, HMB and Beta-Ecdysterone.

The first three are all pretty standard, although some will debate glutamine's usefulness. ALA is a powerful antioxidant. HMB is closely related to leucine, so it can't be a bad thing. As for Beta-Ecdysterone, I'd never heard of it before today, but from the reading I've just done it's either hyped beyond the realms of rational belief, or it's dismissed as overhyped rubbish.

Incidentally, since you're already a MP customer - they sell all the ingredients for Cyclone, except the Beta-Ecdysterone, so you could make your own Cyclone far more cheaply if you wanted to. They also do their own pre-blended rival product, called Hurricane.

Finally, as far as I can tell (someone correct me if I'm wrong), Cyclone doesn't contain any carbs, either simple or complex. A pretty glaring omission for a PWO drink!

17. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I don't unfortunately! :D

18. JayKayD

Cheers, good post. Youve probably saved me a lot of money as no doubt after a while curiosity would have got the better of me and i'd have ordered a load.