Matt Furey stikes again!

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by munkiejunkie, May 17, 2005.

1. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

Okay. I am subscribed to Furey's email thingamajigger, only because I signed up, relized that he was a blow hard and was too lazy to unsubscribe. Well, I was browsing my email and I found an email from him which was pretty much blah blah blah, blow blow and then this link. This horrifies me, because he is hyping it so that a "secret move"(which is propably a straight arm lock) will work in any situation. Read if you need too get angry

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

man he's charging too much
    I think I have an idea frm where I can find this :p.. If I find one.. I'll surely put it for free :D
    -TkdWarrior-

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2005
  3. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

I don't see what the problem is...there are 1000 adverts like this with people claiming this - eg you can learn invincible techniques or be a black belt in 6 days or similar...

If you feel that strongly, just ignore it and don't help his cause by advertising on his behalf...you've provided a link to his ad...as far as these people are concerned any publicity is good publicity. Until now I'd never heard of Matt Furey...now I have and its down to you not him!

To give him his due, at least he admits what he has to offer is nothing new and not some art invented by a 23 yr old. Whats wrong with that? He's teaching a genuine art, not some mismatched rubbish...ok, its expensive, and I wouldn't pay it but then so are most BJJ lessons and they claim the same as this.

What's the problem? Live and let.

4. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Never mind 'lightning ju-jitsu(TM)'

What about the 'machine gun defence' eh? eh?

What a crock.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Matt Furey's price for something that is probably in the public domain -

:eek: :eek:

I've seen a bunch of his stuff... the production quality is garbage. Some of the techniques are ok - but anyone would be better of spending that money on going to classes and sidestepping all his hype and snake-oil salesman jive.

I'd be willing to bet that this "Lightning Ju-Jitsu Street Survival System" is a public domain item - meaning there is no copyright on it - if there ever was. So it appears all he's done is get a copy of it, print it up and slap a very high price tag on it. What a bunch of BS. :bang:

He also used to sell the Farmer Burns Catalog. What a rip off - it's available on the internet for free! :eek:

How anyone can get through his type heavy ads is beyond me. He's got so much market-speak going on that you almost can't make out what he's getting at.... that is until you get hit by the pricetag square in face. :eek:

6. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

yup WWII says it... it should be in public domain :p... but you are not sure by what name ...
    Farm burns book is quite good tho...
    -TkdWarrior-

7. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

LOL. I was thinking of writing a simliar post this morning. :D Why, oh why haven't I unsubscribed yet? As I write another one arrives entitled "Chinese Mind Games"...

Have to agree with Garibaldi, though. He isn't promoting dodgy stuff, just overpriced, stuff.

8. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

I like his marketing style, tho..
    it has everything.. drama, controversy.. hype, personality... etc etc..
    -TkdWarrior-

9. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

is it true furey challenged rickson gracie at his school?

10. slipthejab

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!

That's got to be the funniest piece of rumour I've heard this month.
    Hate to say it - but Furey would get owned by Rickson.

11. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

not sure..
    but I think furey won't stand much chance againt gracies..
    -TkdWarrior-

12. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i do what i can.

13. slipthejab

:D It's not gone unappreciated.

14. Bhattman

Bhattman Valued Member

'I imagine you've probably heard about that famous West Coast karate teacher. He owned a chain of schools stung along the coast. He came out of his largest school late one night to find three punks rifling through this car. He figured that his decades of training, and black belts, would let him grind these punks into the blacktop. He figured wrong. Now he lives on soup until next month when they unwire his jaw. And he's spending day and night brooding about how his training and his blackbelts failed him.'

Its sad he has to use scare tactics like this to get people to buy this stuff hoping they will become some sort of invincible ultimate fighter. I suppose everyone else does it too though.

15. MDN

MDN Banned Banned

I downloaded his dynamic stretching program. The routine is good, but the production is aweful. How can he justify such high prices when it was shot with a camcorder in his living room!!??? Since I got it for free, I can safely say I got my monies worth. ;)

16. Bhattman

Bhattman Valued Member

where did you download it from?