Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Labatt, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Spike

Spike New Member

Okay I`ve seen it and it`s okay.
    The CGI is very good, but still very obviously CGI, it`s the momentum that they haven`t managed to get right yet.
    the fight scenes were pretty cool but nothing about the film really lived up to the hype.
    I didn`t like the first one though.

Oh, and far too many slow motion shots. Probably added an extra half hour to the film

2. I saw Matrix Reloaded this last Sunday. It was okay. There were some really cool scenes and I'm glad I saw it but I thought the first Matrix movie was much better! If I had a choice between seeing X-men 2 for the 3rd time or Matrix Reloaded for the 2nd time, I'd definitly pick X-men 2 because I enjoyed it a lot more. ;)

Fuzzy Panther
    :Angel:

3. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Nah, luv the way The Matrix makes my brain really think. The only really bad thing about that is I believe I can understand it all. But when I ask someone else to explain what they think of it all... they don't know. It makes me feel alone :(. I end up having a disscusion about it with myself in my head. :D

4. gingerninja

gingerninja Don't mock the sideburns

It was a bit like a beginners guide to philosophy and existentialism.

5. carrie

carrie New Member

i love the matrix. The fight sequences are great, and so is the sfx. I like the meaning behind it too, even though no one else seems to appreciate it.

6. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

i liked it better the 2nd time actually than the first, probably cause I knew what to expect: Kung Fu versus the Machine.

Pretty stellar, the fight scenes we're pretty decent the cast obviously had more training. I like how they didn't make them do traditional anyting really. I mean if we could fly or move around much faster than our opponents we probably would be doing some unique things...

but i'm actually waiting for the hulk :)

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

favorite fight

The "I must apologize" fight. Excellent. I actually believed that Reeves/Neo was a kung fu expert.

8. Chank Mo-Kei

Chank Mo-Kei New Member

Keanu just really sucks on the fight :p They should have found some other guy to do it. I like better Trinity/ Carrie Ann or that guy with the Oracle.

Keanu go home :pP

9. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

going to see revolutions this evening.
    Hope it's good

10. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Revolutions is brilliant a great film loads of action some great acting my mr Weaving again i loved it

11. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

tickets better not be sold out or i'll start ww3

12. zun

zun New Member

My brother got ****ed cos I told him not to waste his money on tickets. He felt I was setting an expectation!

I'll wait for when it comes out on DVD - and borrow it of someone! :p

13. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Weaving was great, the action was great, that minor character Mifune was one I loved, even if he was really minor. The attempt at being cryptically meaningful flopped again, though, just like in the last one. I think they focussed on a lot of different things than they should have (namely, things they DID focus on in the first movie, which made me enjoy it a lot more), and the way Neo beat Smith was just...lame. The ending was pretty doofy too. The portrayal of minor roles as essential parts of winning a war and how difficult their jobs really are was something I liked as well.

14. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

I thought it wass really good.Much better than the second one.I think theres more crytic stuff in there than people think. Who was that character Mifune? I really like sereph.He's very, very hard. Plus the MA looked better in this one than the last one and hardly any of the fight scenes were CGI (apart form the bit where they were flying/fighting othcourse)

15. Cougar_v203

omg the ending music was off da hook.

best part of the movie: neo and smiths air fight

16. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I have to say I really didn't enjoy Matrix Revolutions I thought it was just generally too daft. Why oh why did they have to make them fly! Small things like Neo not really being in too much pain or for that matter concerned that his eyes where melted just made it ridiculous, then there's the amazing amount of CG in the fight scenes as opposed to good ol' choreography- its like in Reloaded the multiple Smith fight was great for the first 5 mins when it was real people then when it turned CG it was just too blatantly fake to be enjoyable. Overall I think they made an excellent first film and then realised they could make some more money and fired out two sub standard seqels (and I have to say I dont really believe that all three where planned from the start).

Though I have to say I really enjoyed Weaving (;)- White Wizard) as Smith he's just a really fun character even in a crappy movie :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  17. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Just keep telling yourself theres only one Matrix film, put the others out of your mind and do not watch them! :D

18. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

even though he's called Hugo Weaving :D. great film don't care what the wrong people think :D

19. Cougar_v203

ckava now what did you edit :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  20. SK12879

SK12879 New Member

Ding ding ding! Winner here! The first one was made and when you watch it, you realize that it is a complete story...beginning, climax, end. Then the 2nd and 3rd were planned because "we can make a buttload off this".

I thought Reloaded was ok (not bad, but not as good as the first)....but compared to Revolutions, Reloaded was a cinematic masterpiece. Hell, Reloaded is Gone with the Wind compared to Revolutions. Revolutions was unbelievably weak. The fights weren't that great, the dialogue was so cliche and corny, and the plot was nearly nonexistant. I felt like I was watching a whole bunch of fight scenes sandwiched with some corny dialogue. Revolutions got away from the whole concept of "What is The Matrix?" There are too many holes and inconsistencies. And was I not the only one that thought Bros. Wachowski were trying to dumb it down for us? All in all, severely disappointed in Revolutions. I will own The Matrix and Reloaded on DVD now that I know I don't want to wait for the trilogy to come out on DVD.